COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed plus it's not just the five days around Xmas, the blow out actually starts on December 3 ( or is it 4?) when people hit the streets to shop and party (as much as the tier they're in allows).
PS forgot about test,track and trace - that should be in better shape now (which was one of the reasons for the lockdown) so hopefully will prevent cases rising in December?
It ends at 00:01 on Wednesday 2nd, Leonard.

Regional numbers in hospital good too, Everywhere down except London!

Patients up 1478 to 1503 - was1434 last week, Though Ventilators down from 261 to 251. Was 222.

Im not sure. Ive found this link. But dont know where Glossop fits. Only interested as my sister lives on the boundary.

I've just done it again and yes it's been changed now, it definitely said 2 yesterday, so that makes more sense.

Other regions:

MIDLANDS Patients down 126 to 2996 (3122 last wk) Vents down 7 to 306 (288 last wk)

NE/YORKS Patients down 81 to 2925 (3253 last wk) Vents down 7 to 223 (251 last wk)

And NORTH WEST

Patients down 100 to 2532 (2942 last wk - so biggest fall in the week).

Ventilators down 7 to 221 (244 last wk)

From two weeks ago three regions having over 3000 in hospital and NW being the worst and over triple the numbers in London hospitals then. We now have no regions over 3000 in hospital and NW now being third worst in England and not even double London and with both areas going in the opposite direction.

History will be the judge

Indeed, we need to have the discussion to the point you raised in a years time, when this is all going on most likely! When small businesses are either crippled or gone, when mental health is a serious social problem, and the nation is angry and on the verge of exploding ( if it hasn't already ) If all this happens, there will still be some calling on the next lockdown.

On another note, can somoene explain to me why London is considered tier 2 and most of the north is tier 3? And why does the tier system start at medium risk and not low risk, in my life I've never seen a scale like this not start at low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.