Got to get you into my life
With a little help from my friends
Lucy in the sky
Revolution
Back in the ussr
Obla Di Obla da
Here comes the sun
Don't let me down

.... Not listing personal favs just ones that would likely have been hits had they been singles, but then again they could have put hello goodbye out as a single and even that would of went to number one, oh wait

Last edited:
There’s only 2 covers that have been mentioned so far - Twist and Shout and Please Mr Postman - and The Beatles smashed the original versions of both of those songs so far out of the park they landed in another time zone; Twist and Shout to the extent that it’s pretty much regarded as one of their most quintessential songs
Even The Carpenters smashed Mr Postman better than the Beatles and that doesn’t even begin to start with Tamla Motown stars who actually smashed it even more

And because some people on here claim that x y and z should have been number one when in fact the originals were far better and ...
It was the norm to cover songs back then.

Here's a list of some (as a huge beatles fan) of songs they 'borrowed' from, which all bands do, majority arguably better than the original:

Do unto others - pee Wee crayton
- same opening riff as revolution

You can't catch me - chuck berry
- sued for this one a sounding like come together and similar lyrics

Watch your step - bobby parker
- similar beat/ riff to I feel fine, they admitted they were heavily inspired by it

I'm talking about you - chuck berry
- Paul wrote I saw her standing around it

Bad penny blues
- it's lady madonna

Albatross - Fleetwood mac
- sun King clearly a nod to it

Bells of Rhymney - the byrds
- They were inspired by harrisons guitar work, but if I needed someone came after this and clearly inspired by it.

Daydream - lovin spoonful
- Goodday sunshine is very similar

I live for the sun - stingrays
- here comes the sun's, 'sun sun sun' bit is the same as the chorus ( 'fun fun fun'.)

I've been good to you - the shang ri las
- barrowed quite a bit from this song, most notably on sexy sadie

Florence - the paragons
- oh darling is very similar

Bo didly - Road runner
- day tripper has a sound to this

Twist and shout
All my loving
And I lover her
No reply
8 days a week
Nowhere man
Michelle
In my life
Got to get you into my life
With a little help from my friends
Lucy in the sky
Revolution
Back in the ussr
Obla Di Obla da
Here comes the sun
Don't let me down

.... Not listing personal favs just ones that would likely have been hits had they been singles, but then again they could have put hello goodbye out as a single and even that would of went to number one, oh wait
I also forgot about Got to get you into my Life, a definite number one, great song, I think a group recorded it and did get it to number one.
Was it Cliff Bennett and the rebel rousers ?

This has No1 written all over it.

That bellend Lennon wrote that while the other 3 were not happy about it and it's message, he wanted it to be the A side of Hey Jude with the latter the B side but McCarthy backed by Harrison refused and so it was a B side.

Released in the US, NZ and aus it charted at 12, 1, 1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.