Christmas Card Fiasco

KS55

Received our first Christmas card today. Who posts these harbingers of the great card bingo?

-Dec 22. Receive card from Bill and Maureen. Should we send them one? No, they will realise we only sent one cos we got theirs.
- Shall we send one to Sally and Nigel? No, they are complete arses.
- What about Clive and Sonia? Twenty years we have got one from them, and we have no idea who they are. How did they get our new address? (This is factual btw).
Oh and please please spare me your family round robin. I couldn't care a fuck that your kids Tarquin and Gervaise are doing so well at junior orienteering. As for Tiddles operation, geeez!
No, I shall avoid sending cards again this year, as I have for a decade now. Didn't you notice?
How about you?

I can just about see the validity of cards to family/close friends you rarely see but that's it. We normally send about half a dozen including a couple of cards abroad & none of which are to anyone in the NW. If you don't/can't be arsed seeing someone in person who lives nearby then you're not 'close' enough anyway.

When I was working, every fucker in the building near enough sent one to every other fucker, chaos with what's Janet's partner called, kids names, putting kisses on cards etc no to mention all the time writing them....utter madness. I'd buy a jar of Roses, cost roughly the same & also a waste of money instead.

Save our trees.

Received our first Christmas card today. Who posts these harbingers of the great card bingo?

-Dec 22. Receive card from Bill and Maureen. Should we send them one? No, they will realise we only sent one cos we got theirs.
- Shall we send one to Sally and Nigel? No, they are complete arses.
- What about Clive and Sonia? Twenty years we have got one from them, and we have no idea who they are. How did they get our new address? (This is factual btw).
Oh and please please spare me your family round robin. I couldn't care a fuck that your kids Tarquin and Gervaise are doing so well at junior orienteering. As for Tiddles operation, geeez!
No, I shall avoid sending cards again this year, as I have for a decade now. Didn't you notice?
How about you?
Tight arse..

Yep, never got this card sending twaddle now with interwebs.
At least the younger generation seem to be doing away with it.

I can beat that.....we had a trip to Bents yesterday,and came away with a trolley full of tat that is now spread around my home!

your own fault for braving that! Never again. Went a few sundays back with all the family. The food was amazing but I can’t believe how much I spent.

your own fault for braving that! Never again. Went a few sundays back with all the family. The food was amazing but I can’t believe how much I spent.
We got there at 0830......by the time we left at 10,the queues to get in were stretching around the store - mad cvnts!

Wouldnt mind but most of it is the same shite they sell in TK Maxx.

I agree,the restaurant is very good but fookin hell they don't half bend you over for the privilege.

I write 3 cards every year.

1 to my mum and dad.
1 to my sister and her husband.
1 to a mate from uni who lives down south, which I sign from a different couple EVERY year; this year I've decided upon Gregory and Sylvia, last year it was from Bernard and Denise. Hope he sits there scratching his head wondering who these made up couples are :)

All the Christmas associated waste has never sat well with me, even more so since I visited a recycling plant and the guys who worked there told me that the vast majority of it can't even be recycled because of all the metal glitter on it, so pretty much EVERY Christmas card in the UK just gets binned not recycled.

Bah-fvckin'-humbug!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.