Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking sentiment out of the equation, I was surprised we didn’t try to cash in on Aguero after our last title win. That would have been the smart time try and get some decent money and It’s clear his form was declining and his injuries were just getting worse.

That said, he’s still class, and I’m totally happy if he leaves for nothing at the end of his contract. He’s legend and as others have said, should be given the same treatment and status as Kompany and Silva. He gave me the most amazing moment in City's history and I was privileged to be there to witness it.

Aguero is still one of the best strikers in the EPL, yes he has fitness issues, but once fit he is still lethal, players like Aguero are a very rare breed, the club and the player will know when the time is right for him to step aside, I for one hopes he returns to full fitness, as without doubt, we have never had a player, striker like him in our history, he will be very difficult to replace, I believe he has at least one more season, after this one.

Taking sentiment out of the equation, I was surprised we didn’t try to cash in on Aguero after our last title win. That would have been the smart time try and get some decent money and It’s clear his form was declining and his injuries were just getting worse.

That said, he’s still class, and I’m totally happy if he leaves for nothing at the end of his contract. He’s legend and as others have said, should be given the same treatment and status as Kompany and Silva. He gave me the most amazing moment in City's history and I was privileged to be there to witness it.
Because we dont sell our best players , where have you been

He had a great season on our last title win.
So no way would it have made sense to cash in then.

Because we dont sell our best players , where have you been
That’s correct but with the benefit of hindsight it’s not really worked out for us the last season and a half with his injuries. The club know we have to rebuild and Aguero isn’t going to be part of those plans.

anyway hopefully he can stay fit for the rest of his contact and we’ll still get a lot of goals out of him.

I think its his last season and completes the blue legacy as we transition to the next hopefully blue stalwarts.

injuries and a slow down of his blistering pace and finishing especially from outside the box ( remember his first appearance against Swansea ) means his time has come to an end.

happy for him to finish his career in Argentina as he has alluded he will even if he accepts another day in Spain or where ever.

Season 2021 will see nobody from our first title since the 60's playing for the shirt and so it should be.

I just hope, if we are approaching the end, we'll be able to give him a fitting goodbye. Losing him, Dinho and Silva infront of no fans would just be a tough watch. He deserves a proper ovation from the City fans for what he's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.