#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t undo many many matches of abject performances with one game against a bottom of the league team who had been thrashed in their previous appearances at the Etihad.
No one is saying he has been the best thing sinse sliced bread playing for us and many agree he is a very gifted footballer, simply not suited to our style.

The abuse he has gotten on here has been mainly vitriolic and unneeded.

Yesterday, he slotted in perfectly, scored a hat trick and played the team game as we want to see from every player and yet, some find it hard to recognise that and fight to offer the praise he rightly warranted yesterday after months of abuse.

It may or may not be a one off (let's hope the latter), but after yesterday's performance, you still wanted to post negativity against him.

As I said, quite sad.

No one is saying he has been the best thing sinse sliced bread playing for us and many agree he is a very gifted footballer, simply not suited to our style.

The abuse he has gotten on here has been mainly vitriolic and unneeded.

Yesterday, he slotted in perfectly, scored a hat trick and played the team game as we want to see from every player and yet, some find it hard to recognise that and fight to offer the praise he rightly warranted yesterday after months of abuse.

It may or may not be a one off (let's hope the latter), but after yesterday's performance, you still wanted to post negativity against him.

As I said, quite sad.

Not negative at all, just pointing out that one game against a team who hadn't won away all season doesn't mean he's the answer. I'd love nothing more than for him to take a step back from his ego and start contributing to the team much more. I think the frustration is that we all know he can be extremely talented but to cite yesterday's performance as evidence he is the player we thought he might be, against a rock bottom team who are playing with zero confidence, is misguided.

Let's see him put in game changing performances against the packed defences we face week in week out before deciding he's at the level we need. After all, he was our record signing who was supposed to be able to take us to the next level rather than scoring hat tricks at home against Burnley.

Not negative at all, just pointing out that one game against a team who hadn't won away all season doesn't mean he's the answer. I'd love nothing more than for him to take a step back from his ego and start contributing to the team much more. I think the frustration is that we all know he can be extremely talented but to cite yesterday's performance as evidence he is the player we thought he might be, against a rock bottom team who are playing with zero confidence, is misguided.

Let's see him put in game changing performances against the packed defences we face week in week out before deciding he's at the level we need. After all, he was our record signing who was supposed to be able to take us to the next level rather than scoring hat tricks at home against Burnley.
Your reply totally missed my point, nor did you read it properly

You are right,and i am far from a fan,but he looked like a different player yesterday......one who has maybe listened to the criticism and taken the advice.

He deserves an opportunity to prove it wasn't a one off.

As Dyche said, the game plan went out the window after the 6th minute at which point Burnley opened themselves up to a beating trying to chase a goal rather than just sitting in which i'm sure is what they set out to do.

This criticism has been going on for far too long, why is it that he's suddenly become a different player at home vs Burnley rather than the previous league game, away at Tottenham?

Your reply totally missed my point, nor did you read it properly
As have you - i'm not going to be effusive with praise over a player who raises his game at home vs Burnley then disappears when we need a game changing performance from a record signing.

Like i said, one swallow does not a summer make. Not sad, just pointing out that i'll reserve judgement until he starts doing what i think he was brought in for.

As have you - i'm not going to be effusive with praise over a player who raises his game at home vs Burnley then disappears when we need a game changing performance from a record signing.

Like i said, one swallow does not a summer make. Not sad, just pointing out that i'll reserve judgement until he starts doing what i think he was brought in for.
Sadly, I feel you are too set in your ways with him and would find something in every performance, no matter what he did or against who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.