#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has gone under the radar a bit , if he played for anyone else he would be a wonder kid , i have high hopes for him , very good start to hopefully another ten yearer

The kid has it all to go to the top as long as he stays grounded and works hard. Dips in form will come due to age but I have every faith it won't be long until he makes one of the wings his own.

This kid might be dynamite. The only thing i'm not seeing from him which i saw a lot of at Valencia is that single-mindedness where he would take someone on. However, i think thats per design on his part until he understands the league more, understands what he's to do in the team and gets confidence in what he's doing within the team.

This kid might be dynamite. The only thing i'm not seeing from him which i saw a lot of at Valencia is that single-mindedness where he would take someone on. However, i think thats per design on his part until he understands the league more, understands what he's to do in the team and gets confidence in what he's doing within the team.
Funnily enough theres been a debate in the Sterling thread. I don't think Pep particularly encourages taking players on and beating a man. Thinking back to when he was at Barca, the likes of Henry and Villa played out wide and they were just hunting goals, they weren't out on the wings looking to beat a man and put a cross in.

He turns wingers into stone cold goal scorers, those that dribble and make runs are taking chances which if you lose the ball could fuck us going the other way. Sterling used to frequently run rings around players but he rarely does it these days, Sane would try and take a man on but how many times would we see Pep blast Sane from the sidelines for trying too much and losing the ball.

Funnily enough theres been a debate in the Sterling thread. I don't think Pep particularly encourages taking players on and beating a man. Thinking back to when he was at Barca, the likes of Henry and Villa played out wide and they were just hunting goals, they weren't out on the wings looking to beat a man and put a cross in.

He turns wingers into stone cold goal scorers, those that dribble and make runs are taking chances which if you lose the ball could fuck us going the other way. Sterling used to frequently run rings around players but he rarely does it these days, Sane would try and take a man on but how many times would we see Pep blast Sane from the sidelines for trying too much and losing the ball.
Can see why you’re saying that but I doubt it’s true. He gave the Barca players freedom once they got in the final 3rd just the likes of Henry were told to keep the width before that. He had probably the best dribbler ever in Messi then the likes of Robben and Ribery certainly weren’t discouraged at Bayern. Best way of opening up a parked bus is by beating a player or 2 and losing the ball around the edge of an opposition box should not be a problem. Think with Sterling he struggles to dribble on the left but obviously his tap in rate rockets. Mahrez all be it without too much success this season frequently tries to beat people so if Pep was against it I doubt he’d be in the team.

Hopefully as he gets more confidence we’ll see more dribbling from Torres as we didn’t see anything from Sané during his first few months.

Can see why you’re saying that but I doubt it’s true. He gave the Barca players freedom once they got in the final 3rd just the likes of Henry were told to keep the width before that. He had probably the best dribbler ever in Messi then the likes of Robben and Ribery certainly weren’t discouraged at Bayern. Best way of opening up a parked bus is by beating a player or 2 and losing the ball around the edge of an opposition box should not be a problem. Think with Sterling he struggles to dribble on the left but obviously his tap in rate rockets. Mahrez all be it without too much success this season frequently tries to beat people so if Pep was against it I doubt he’d be in the team.

Hopefully as he gets more confidence we’ll see more dribbling from Torres as we didn’t see anything from Sané during his first few months.
MAybe just a confidence thing as you say. Will have to wait and see, can only be encouraged that even in quiet games he is scoring goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.