Lance Armstrong

Haha...ffs

Easiest people to upset here are the cheshire set golfers if you slag it off ;-)

As for cycling I can accept that competative racing is a sport, anything else is exercise or transport.

Like F1 it isn't a sport when no one ever actually tries to take over the person in front, more like a convoy hence why that is also dull and shite.

It's a hobby if you can compete barefooted. Good examples of this are darts, snooker, bowls, clay pidgeon shooting, fishing.
It's a sport if you can't.

I have cycled bare foot, I could also play golf barefoot if I didn't think it was the most pointless activity in the world.

How dare you debase Bowls and Fishing, takes some skill and nifty wristwork on what can be uneven conditions.
If you don't get a good green or are on choppy waters (talking sea fishing here) you need to be good at the sport to do well.

Last edited:
Easiest people to upset here are the cheshire set golfers if you slag it off ;-)

As for cycling I can accept that competative racing is a sport, anything else is exercise or transport.

Like F1 it isn't a sport when no one ever actually tries to take over the person in front, more like a convoy hence why that is also dull and shite.

Golf is no more a sport than doing the week shop.

Golf ; you get out of your car and put your clubs into a trolley and start your walk. Trying to find a little ball that you hit into the rough that in your eyes shouldnt be rough, because you didnt hit a bad shot.
Than you walk back to the car moaning to your mates that the rough is to long, greens were to slow, the fairways to narrow etc. Put your clubs and trolley back in the car and home for a brew.

Shopping : you get out of your car pick up a trolley to put your shopping in and than start your walk. Going up and down the same isle's looking for tea bags that have now been moved to another isle. Than your missus remembers something that is right br the entrance when you are just about to pay.
You than walk back to the car with your trolley moaning to the wife about the cost and why did it tak so long, put food in the car, trolley back and home for a brew.

Both use the same amount of energy just that golf will take you about 5 hours ( yawn ) and hopefully shopping about an hour !,

Plus when playing golf alot of golfers hire a golf buggy only get out to hit a bad shot , so doing shopping you get more exercise than playing golf.

The advantage of shopping is you dont need to wear silly clothes although golfing clothes have been seen when shopping.

I declare my week shop a sport ;)

Just watched the two-part ESPN documentary on iPlayer.

Must confess, overall, I quite like him. Did not enter into watching this with any particular preconceptions btw. Remember backing him at one point when he stood accused tbh, but subsequently realised that view was based on ignorance- he’s was clearly a cheat, but otherwise didn’t have a strong view about him.

He came across (somewhat ironically) as pretty honest; and has a decent sense of humour. He looks a pretty good dad too. His son, in particular, is a credit to him. There is much to like and admire about Lance Armstrong, but clearly some pretty dark stuff too, to counter that. He’s a complicated character, but then, aren’t all interesting people?

The whole sport is bent as fuck and it’s not right to make Armstrong the scapegoat for that. He’s the symptom, not the cause.

Must confess, overall, I quite like him. Did not enter into watching this with any particular preconceptions btw. Remember backing him at one point when he stood accused tbh, but subsequently realised that view was based on ignorance- he’s was clearly a cheat, but otherwise didn’t have a strong view about him.

He came across (somewhat ironically) as pretty honest; and has a decent sense of humour. He looks a pretty good dad too. His son, in particular, is a credit to him. There is much to like and admire about Lance Armstrong, but clearly some pretty dark stuff too, to counter that. He’s a complicated character, but then, aren’t all interesting people?

The whole sport is bent as fuck and it’s not right to make Armstrong the scapegoat for that. He’s the symptom, not the cause.
Armstrong made himself a scapegoat when he ruthlessly cheated his way to 7 TDF wins. I honestly think he still doesn't believe he's done anything wrong. Plus, he spitefully threw a lot of people under the bus before and after he got caught.

Armstrong made himself a scapegoat when he ruthlessly cheated his way to 7 TDF wins. I honestly think he still doesn't believe he's done anything wrong. Plus, he spitefully threw a lot of people under the bus before and after he got caught.
Not about what he did wrong though, the guy is still quite likeable and has some good things about him, he cheated, as did most others, his bullying was what I immensely disliked about him, however he’s, to me at least, a flawed but likeable character.

In order to balance that out, which would be fair given you are new to it and open minded, watch some of the documentaries and read some of the accounts of those who had their lives ruined by him. They are also compelling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.