#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't been great for the vast majority of his time at the club and certainly hasn't lived up to what most thought he would produce. He unfortunately hasn't been right for pep's system and his qualities have been of little use or influence for the most part and as someone hitting 30 in a few months I doubt it ever will.

That being said, I felt he was better last season than a lot of people like to give him credit for and their biases just won't ever allow them to. De bruyne and Jesus are probably the only 2 who can have a legitimate claim of performing better than him even if the bar wasn't particularly high, he was still one of the few better performing players last season. It won't change the fact that he still often plays for himself and doesn't suit the teams' style but sometimes its ok to give a player credit when its deserved but because of his approach to the game it seems difficult for some to.

Gundogan also falls in that category and the role he played in the 18/19 title win is often underplayed or just straight out forgotten when he was a vital part of the final stretch of that season.

Bernardo is more of a team player hence why he gets less grief.He is prepared to put his body on the line and sacrifice his own game for the team.
I think we'd see the best of Bernardo if KDB or Sterling weren't around.

I understand where you're coming from but if we're being honest, Palmer can do the same job as Bernardo at the minute. It feels like we give Bernardo such an easy ride for essentially being a passenger for over a year while we slate Mahrez because he can frustrate at times despite putting up great numbers. It just seems like we demand far more from Mahrez than Bernardo.

He hasn't been great for the vast majority of his time at the club and certainly hasn't lived up to what most thought he would produce. He unfortunately hasn't been right for pep's system and his qualities have been of little use or influence for the most part and as someone hitting 30 in a few months I doubt it ever will.

That being said, I felt he was better last season than a lot of people like to give him credit for and their biases just won't ever allow them to. De bruyne and Jesus are probably the only 2 who can have a legitimate claim of performing better than him even if the bar wasn't particularly high, he was still one of the few better performing players last season. It won't change the fact that he still often plays for himself and doesn't suit the teams' style but sometimes its ok to give a player credit when its deserved but because of his approach to the game it seems difficult for some to.

Gundogan also falls in that category and the role he played in the 18/19 title win is often underplayed or just straight out forgotten when he was a vital part of the final stretch of that season.
Sterling was also better than Mahrez last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.