Pep sending a message?

A good effort undermined somewhat by bringing the least worthy player in the whole professional squad, from the bench, who flapped around like a fucking turtle in a volcano, suddenly making Stones reposition into playing both left and right cb at the same time & will, you can be fucking sure, get another game in spite of it.

The general point is absolutely correct. The posts about Garcia have been affected, badly, by his likely move back to Spain. If he had brought in THB, and he had a poor few minutes, nobody would say Jack. I'm not a huge fan of Garcia's but the poison he receives on here, now he hasn't signed a contract, is ridiculous.

Apologies if this had already been posted somewhere.

Pep Guardiola: "It’s not about rest here. I saw KDB a little bit exhausted mentally [last week]. But right now I use the players who are in better conditions or more focused. If the players think they have been rested because I am rotating, they have made a big mistake..."

I put in every game the best players, sometimes for the benefit of the team, sometimes because of injuries, but especially the players who play well. It’s not about the players who believe, 'I deserve to start because I have been here for three or four years'."

It doesn’t matter if you have won a lot of titles in the past or you score a lot of goals — you have to show it on the pitch in the recent past, in the present and especially in the future."

Brilliant, this is the Pep of old, no favouritism or softness, perform or you're out.
I hope so. That Olympiakos game was only a 1-0 win but the tempo was a step change. Th
He is saying this for a reason of course. But if you think Pep will suddenly drop anyone who has a bad game I think you're wrong. He clearly knows who responds to what, and I suspect his message is for the likes of Sterling, Bernardo and Foden, to keep them hungry. But one of the things Pep does well is manage them individually. What we've seen with Mahrez this season we saw with Sterling last season, and I think maybe the one before too: he lets certain players play themselves back into form and confidence if he thinks that's what they need. He's tried it a few times with Bernardo too. With others, he holds them back and lets them build confidence slowly in low pressure situations, like he's just done with Stones.

He's a clever people manager who treats them as individuals and looks at the bigger picture which is why players hardly ever complain about him publicly. He still has my 100% trust.
It's encouraging that after a few demanding years in charge Pep still has the players behind him.

The best thing about this season so far has been the effect Dias has had on the back 4. Stones is suddenly a player again. Whatever the reasons its good to see.

I also like the way the team has responded to the SPurs defeat. High tempo game at Olympiakos at clinical v Burnley. I hope to see all the players like Foden, Bernardo and Torres involved now and genuinely rotated so that we can be at full intensity in every game. Strange as it may seem when we are mid-table I don't see a weak-link any more in this side. We just have to find a way to deal with the lack on intensity that was becoming manifest.

The general point is absolutely correct. The posts about Garcia have been affected, badly, by his likely move back to Spain. If he had brought in THB, and he had a poor few minutes, nobody would say Jack. I'm not a huge fan of Garcia's but the poison he receives on here, now he hasn't signed a contract, is ridiculous.
Fair enough and that is your opinion. I will not support a player who has fucked The club over. He led us to believe that he was signing a new contract but he was really playing city along so Barca did not have to pay an appropriate transfer fee.

He has cost other players the chance to breakthrough, made a fool out of pep and cost city a fee. He goes into the Milner bracket and the sooner he goes the better.

Fair enough and that is your opinion. I will not support a player who has fucked The club over. He led us to believe that he was signing a new contract but he was really playing city along so Barca did not have to pay an appropriate transfer fee.

He has cost other players the chance to breakthrough, made a fool out of pep and cost city a fee. He goes into the Milner bracket and the sooner he goes the better.

My understanding is that that is far from the case. He has simply declined to sign a new contract as all professionals have a right to. We had the same reaction from people about Sancho. Why do we expect such loyalty from players who left their former clubs to come to us? They are not fans. I am not asking you to support the player: I am asking you not to be so vitriolic about a teenager who has been picked for a few minutes to close out the game.

Sounds like a stern message from the top. No more nonsense. We are at our best when we are ruthless. Pep included. This is a sound warning before the champions league kicks off - dont waste chances and dont make silly mistakes.
This.

Pep alluded to knowing that we aren’t scoring enough and said we will sort it.

I think this is his way of sorting it. Sterling has missed sitter after sitter knowing he has no competition on the left and will always play because he’s rarely injured.

it’s nice to know he’s been scrutinised like any other player in the squad

So its OK for a player to take advantage of playing under and developing under the best coach in the world , use our world class facilities , play and learn from our other world class players , get paid handsomely and then run his contract down ,and leave on a free transfer to receive a nice fat signing on fee at Barca.
We have made Garcia a full Spanish international and his real transfer value is anything between £25-35m , and what is the point in our £200m academy if we are nurturing players for other clubs to sign for free ?
What is ridiculous is that anyone condones Garcia's actions , there are plenty of footballers who have disrespected their football clubs and run their contracts down to get a nice multi million signing on fee , that doesnt mean they get a fond farewell from the supporters , quite the opposite , Garcia and Barca deserve each other.

So its OK for a player to take advantage of playing under and developing under the best coach in the world , use our world class facilities , play and learn from our other world class players , get paid handsomely and then run his contract down ,and leave on a free transfer to receive a nice fat signing on fee at Barca.
We have made Garcia a full Spanish international and his real transfer value is anything between £25-35m , and what is the point in our £200m academy if we are nurturing players for other clubs to sign for free ?
What is ridiculous is that anyone condones Garcia's actions , there are plenty of footballers who have disrespected their football clubs and run their contracts down to get a nice multi million signing on fee , that doesnt mean they get a fond farewell from the supporters , quite the opposite , Garcia and Barca deserve each other.
Take advantage? We offer those facilities and they tempt players away from other clubs to come to us. We have no objection about players leaving their clubs to come to us and we have taken advantage of the situation in reverse. All players are entitled to leave at the end of their contract. The point of our academy is that it acts as a consistent income stream and also produces some players who will be brought into the first-team squad. We are not slavers - these are free men who can choose to play where they wish. Your post reads like the rant of a spoiled child and though as a fan I am disappointed when anyone we wish to keep wants to leave, I have the right to leave my employer no matter what is on the table or how much they want me to stay.

Mahrez and Sterling did something similar. Are you happy to accept them.
Mahrez told Leicester he wouldn't be renewing his contract.
If Messi said he wanted to leave Barcelona and head elsewhere is that not the same.
It is Pep that is picking the player and Spain management that are selecting him for international duty.
I wouldn't pick him because of his footballing ability, not that he wishes to move elsewhere.
Pep had several choices such as promoting THB, keeping Adarabioyo , continuing with Fernandinho as a centre half. He didn't do these.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.