Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Premier league define a phase of play thus:

The starting point for a phase of play that leads to a goal or penalty incident will be limited to the immediate phase and not necessarily go back to when the attacking team gained possession.

Other factors for consideration will be the ability of the defence to reset and the momentum of the attack.

Clear as mud by for me the defence defo reset

It was far from meh performance, very good game of football by us apart from not scoring. Fern, Foden and Bernardo (finally!!!!) were very good, on the other side everybody will have Zinchenko as a man to shit on, but considering it was his first start and he was rusty, he was ok. I am still puzzled how Raheem literally disappeared in the second half, I don't know what's going on there. He had a ball cleared from the line and a half baked penalty shout, but he was literally invisible. What's going on there?

Not having a World Class recognized striker is killing us.

Even when we are not at our best, we have enough possession,and create enough chances to win.

Ideally a Club of our stature should have 2.

We could finance one by selling Sterling for a real striker.Before he loses all of his value.

Watching BT you would have thought City were playing a Portuguese 4th division outfit. Rather than one of their top teams with a style of play that makes Stoke look like Barcelona
I think that was the worst commentry I've ever heard - and that's against some pretty stiff competition. It wasn't the most bias - just the worst.

You know if you want to watch a team (Porto), a referee and a no mark VAR operator and wonder why so many people are beginning to fall out of love with football then that was it. So the new directive is we now go back several phases to catch City out - unbelievable.

Some great performances from us and nice to see us passing at pace again - the goals, despite all of UEFA's attempts, will come. Phil was simply outstanding, how refreshing to see a player get clattered time after time and not roll about as though the ground was filled with snipers on target practice. Porto were frankly shameful -trying to con the ref, leaving some nasty tackles in, yet only one of their players got booked, both their Columbian and Mexican midfielders should have been booked on my count three times. Shouldn't be surprised they are Led by a manager who clearly acts a certain way - a cheating git. A disgraceful team and I hope they get knocked out quickly with their brand of non-football. For balance Ederson should have had a pen to save with his latest rash moment - but then again so should we.

That said we are through and top the group, so well done boys a job done and another game where Kev got a breather.

Completely dominated the game against a negative Porto side who set up to defend and frustrate. Foden again was a constant threat, very lively and Bernardo especially in the second half showed glimpses that he is returning to form.

Only really gripe tonight was Zinchenko's crossing which left a lot to be desired.

Strange one. If it had ended 3-3, the referee would probably have been lauded for not booking anyone, but he seemed intent to let off the ball challenges go unpunished, and booked Rodri for doing what two Porto players had already done. That said, age and the armband worked as charms for Fernandinho, as he had multiple fouls that would have seen yellow back here. Some group winner is quids in if they draw Porto.

A massive dirty parked bus pushed into position by a willing ref, thought we did well in the circumstances but still look toothless without a recognised striker playing.

Sincerely think we have now become the easiest team in europe to get a soft free kick against, just like we are in the pl. Any team that decides to stop us playing or tries to kill it as a football match gets help from the officials to achieve that, its fcking shocking.

The other thing is that the opposition get carte blanche to kick the fck out of us with no punishment, I mean look at those two late challenges on Phil with no card. Again, fcking shocking, just hope none of the lads are injured.

Posted on the pre match thread that these are dirty, they might get away with it v us, but wait till they play one of eufas little darlings later on. Can you imagine them trying that style against the rags, they could get a couple of red cards easily playing like they did tonight.

Anyway, we topped the group so can relax now and get ourselves back in the pl hunt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.