Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

I'm not sure I know what our best team is right now, so I hope Pep does. I think we missed Stones moving the ball forward quickly, Mendy adding pace down the wings, and De Bruyne and Gundogan in the middle, but there have been similarly flat games with all of those players. I think Sterling needs a rest, and we are desperate for another striker in January. Beyond that, jobs done. I just don't know if this was a reverting to form this season or a street smart away performance where we really didn't need to win.

It’s fine if he doesn’t want to bring people on, but do not then complain about a lack of subs
He rested players on the bench and got the result to allow resting more in the last game, wanting to be able to use 5 doesn’t mean you always need to. It misses the point of it entirely.

Thought we played very well. We just needed that goal and was unlucky to see it offside for a part of our play that didn’t really matter but rules are rules and it was the correct decision.

Yet another clean sheet with Dias at the back, is he our best centre half? I think so, he hasn’t made a mistake yet whilst Laporte has the odd brain fart.

Foden quality and between him, Sterling, Jesus and Torres, the next 8 years are looking bright.

Keeper had a blinder to keep them in it but we’d all have taken 4 wins and a draw, including 4 clean sheets in a row, at the start of the group stage.

Well done lads and safe journey back to sunny Manchester.

No I didn't watch Saturdays game seeing as I'm a City fan for over 50 years.

Think there's a big difference between bottom fodder like Burnley and teams like Spuds and Porto.

The only thing that's odd/suspicious is my user name.

Fail to get your point

We aren't scoring goals and Pep said we need to changevl cant say I saw much change tonight.

Did you ?
Fair do's but don't you think our play and energy has been better since he said that? I do. And it doesn't matter that it was Burnley, we mullered them and looked more like the old City. I thought we were good tonight with a mostly 2nd XI against that lot, that keeper and that referee. We need a new sticker for sure though but we aren't getting one this season - or at least our main one fit - which doesn't look like it's happening either

Iberian Burnley, Sheffield United, Tottenham, Newcastle, Leicester etc, etc. It’s getting very predictable and very boring. Every team we play only has one plan - to stop us scoring.
I am sure next season we’ll have a plan to counter their plans...

I’m not sure who Zaidou is. Is he the same player as Zanussi who literally assaulted Phil twice within a few minutes right in front of the officials and never even got a yellow card.
Yeap, Zaidu Sanusi, hopefully I've spelled the asshole's name correctly this time...

Finished top of the table, got some minutes under the belt for players coming back from injury and managed to give a few that needed it a proper rest.

It was a boring game but meh, job done and move on.
[/QUOTE]
I'm amazed
(not really) that anybody sees it different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.