#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failing to out that Sterling rebound in was abysmal. Hopefully doesn't cost us these points.

Not a fan of us playing wingers as forwards though. Can't remember it ever being effective?

Failing to out that Sterling rebound in was abysmal. Hopefully doesn't cost us these points.

Not a fan of us playing wingers as forwards though. Can't remember it ever being effective?
Quite literally the last game against Burnley, Mahrez scored a hat trick.

This is Pep's plan going forward, I surmise to compensate for the loss of David Silva.

On Ferran, good finisher overall I'd say, but needs to involve himself more like Sterling and Jesus can in central positions.

needs to assert himself more, looks a bit lightweight at the moment and can go missing for 20 mins at a time.

You could see him on the periphery of the camera frame make lots of arced runs in behind their defence but we just didn’t play the ball for him. We just weren’t quick enough in defence and midfield to see the pass and execute it. The less said about our crossing the better!

He still very young and it’s a tough gig leading the line at that age, particularly without much service. He’s done really well so far.

You could see him on the periphery of the camera frame make lots of arced runs in behind their defence but we just didn’t play the ball for him. We just weren’t quick enough in defence and midfield to see the pass and execute it. The less said about our crossing the better!

He still very young and it’s a tough gig leading the line at that age, particularly without much service. He’s done really well so far.
I saw those runs and think Fern was attempting to support them through his long balls over the top. Unfortunately he was too ring rusty to find him and those balls were way to long.

His finishing has been pretty good. But his reaction to the rebound from Sterling's shot was pathetic. He looked weak.
Still has a lot to learn. Needs to assert himself more in games.

I saw those runs and think Fern was attempting to support them through his long balls over the top. Unfortunately he was too ring rusty to find him and those balls were way to long.
Yep. On another occasion I remember Zinchenko having two opportunities for the same Torres run but he cut inside and rolled it sideways, which made a change from smashing crosses at the shins of their defenders, although neither were ideal.

Moving the ball quickly and with accuracy from those positions, including central midfield is so vital and our failure to currently do it effectively is one of the contributing factors for why we’re not scoring enough goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.