#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's certainly a pattern to some in how they assess a player's progress, seeing only the end product in terms of goals which underscores how little people understand how the game is played

He doesn't do anything most of the time. Every now & then does something excellent but not generally very 'involved'. Needs to impose himself more, to 'own' the shirt.
He's a prospect, as you identify, and many players take time to adjust to a new team and a new country. His talent will blossom with the patience that most new players need.

Quite literally the last game against Burnley, Mahrez scored a hat trick.

This is Pep's plan going forward, I surmise to compensate for the loss of David Silva.

On Ferran, good finisher overall I'd say, but needs to involve himself more like Sterling and Jesus can in central positions.
Yes he did that. However no offence to Burnley - but they were shocking defensively that last game. How often this season have we seen the likes of Sterling or Mahrez up top and do absolutely fuck all. Not their fault as I believe we should always have some sort of no9 on the field to drag their defenders around. Strikers and Wingers are entirely, entirely different.

Sterlings goals generally come from his pace when he runs onto a ball cut across or where he manages to make his way into the penalty boss and creates space for himself. Aguero for instance is always in those dangerous positions and is always moving defenders around and generally being a right pain in the arse for the opposition - goals or not. You don't see that from Sterling, Torres or Mahrez. They get marked out of the game when put in those positions.

A bargain at 20m. Should start on saturday imo. Might be our best finisher at the moment. Torres on the right, Foden on the left

A bargain at 20m. Should start on saturday imo. Might be our best finisher at the moment. Torres on the right, Foden on the left
Not a chance he starts ahead of Mahrez and obviously Sterling will be in their right backs pocket as usual. Genius won’t think to switch him at any point as that’s too obvious

Not a chance he starts ahead of Mahrez and obviously Sterling will be in their right backs pocket as usual. Genius won’t think to switch him at any point as that’s too obvious
Sterling has been pocketed by Wank-Bissaka every time. If Sterling plays it should be on the right. I hope Pep doesn’t play inverted wingers cutting inside against a parked bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.