City removing seats

Can we get some perspective This is very few seats and we will end up with 10s of thousands more seats after this in the future from stadium expansion or expansions and safe standing

Maybe stop buying poor players for record fees like Mahrez, Mangala, Mendy, Rodri, and let everyone in for free from the savings.

it is not the fans asking for the club to waste money, and the football is pretty boring these days.
Then use your hard earned money for something else. No one is forcing you to spend it at the Etihad.

Life, like business, is a series of choices you (mostly) have to live with. I would say the stewardship of Man City since this management/ownership group has arrived has been a revelation of the highest order...your personal feelings on certain expenditures notwithstanding.

Your opinion is certainly valid, and you should spend your consumer dollars based on your personal preference. Maybe a massive 4K screen on the wall at home for the same price as a seasoncard would feel like better value to you, or that free game at the pub, whilst you spend your hard earned money on beer, might appeal to your value proposition?

I’m not sure Sheikh Mansour’s invested billions could make every punter happy, but I’d say his use of his investment funds to date has erred on the side of “money well spent” FOR the vast majority of previously long suffering blues.

Preferences and value perception are definitely personal. In this case, while I respect your right to your personal opinions, I don’t share them.

not compared with other clubs. Much as I love City, FFP has proved that we have to be self sufficient- rich owners or not. The club knows it has loyal fans but there’s only so much it can do.

Cue loads of disgruntled posters complaining about the club not caring ......
Depends, which clubs you are comparing to. We have very similar prices to United and you can get a season ticket at United cheaper in areas - bar ss3. Of course we should be cheaper then London clubs.

I don’t agree with your argument. The club could easily reduce prices or freeze prices and we’d still be making loads of money.

let’s raise prices and price out our own fans, but it’s ok we’ll be self sufficient. Doesn’t make any sense and the club don’t have to do it. How do Dortmund do it?

I hope to christ they never put these in the away end - the seats are that close together I genuinely don't think I would fit! Bad enough that I rest my gut in the hood of the guy stood in front of me when I go there.
Haha! I’m the other way...someone normally ends up wearing my legs as shoulder straps

Can we get some perspective This is very few seats and we will end up with 10s of thousands more seats after this in the future from stadium expansion or expansions and safe standing

Safe standing, if it comes in, will be on the basis of 1:1 with the current number of seats so will not increase capacity or reduce prices.

How the stadium would be expanded to provide tens of thousands extra capacity is beyond me. The fact that the club is prepared to uproot up to 1000 SC holders in order to put in additional advertising is a disgrace in my view and I can't see how anyone can defend it.

Just got my email today. lost my seat position front row south stand. Gutted to be honest. I loved this position ,close to the six yard line. It felt like I was on the pitch with the players and I was on the pitch when every goal went in this end. I was right in the middle of all the banter and song singing ,the atmosphere was incredible and the banter with away fans funny to watch. As for crap views I disagree, I had the best view in the house when Vinnie hit that screamer. I knew it was in before he did and about three seconds before everyone else !
I used to have to reposition for champs league games as my seat was removed for those for more press area.
I could not find a better position ,tried the upper areas of the south stand , atmosphere was nowhere near as good and I needed binoculars. Tried centre areas and there was no atmosphere at all. No singing .
I have been told I will have a choice of where to reposition , but if that is a thousand people to reposition then I cant see everybody being happy, and certainly most will be out of pocket after one season.
Its not just about the money though. I thought it was great down there.

Depends, which clubs you are comparing to. We have very similar prices to United and you can get a season ticket at United cheaper in areas - bar ss3. Of course we should be cheaper then London clubs.

I don’t agree with your argument. The club could easily reduce prices or freeze prices and we’d still be making loads of money.

let’s raise prices and price out our own fans, but it’s ok we’ll be self sufficient. Doesn’t make any sense and the club don’t have to do it. How do Dortmund do it?
We all have different opinions on this but I do know you can't compare German teams with English. They don't have the same quality of teams as us nor are they as competitive. It's a fight in the PL and we have to keep up with the top clubs - without expecting our owners to subsidise us as that is - rightly or wrongly - against the corrupt FFP

Not sure that it's cheaper at the swamp - my rag mates are always complaining about the cost of STs - especially as their owners have taken millions out of the club

Its you who is making baseless assumptions. Nowhere did I mention reducing season tickets?

You are missing the point that these are the cheap tickets so the vast majority have to spend more on tickets from the season after next. That in itself will stop some people being able to support their club.

If they wanted 'better' seats they would already have them - they have chose those seats because they meet their needs best. They no longer have that choice, and are expected to cough up more for the privilege.
You may need to read my post again and reflect on the usage of the word 'may' as that doesn't indicate an 'assumption'.

Reducing season ticket totals, not prices.

Of course they're cheap tickets, they're in an amazingly crap position. There are other cheap places in the ground and absolutely nobody has any idea what the club have planned in any case.

Then use your hard earned money for something else. No one is forcing you to spend it at the Etihad.

Life, like business, is a series of choices you (mostly) have to live with. I would say the stewardship of Man City since this management/ownership group has arrived has been a revelation of the highest order...your personal feelings on certain expenditures notwithstanding.

Your opinion is certainly valid, and you should spend your consumer dollars based on your personal preference. Maybe a massive 4K screen on the wall at home for the same price as a seasoncard would feel like better value to you, or that free game at the pub, whilst you spend your hard earned money on beer, might appeal to your value proposition?

I’m not sure Sheikh Mansour’s invested billions could make every punter happy, but I’d say his use of his investment funds to date has erred on the side of “money well spent” FOR the vast majority of previously long suffering blues.

Preferences and value perception are definitely personal. In this case, while I respect your right to your personal opinions, I don’t share them.

if I was forced into around a 50% increase to stay in the lower tier or have to move to the 3rd tier as a result of the seats being taken away I would stop going. It wouldn't be down to economics either, just one on principle.

That is what will happen to some of the fans in the first 3 rows. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.