Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naive choice of agent then.

It's hard to think of how an agent could do a better job with Haaland than Raiola has done so far.

He got him a move to Salzburg which saw him get paid a ton by their standards with a tiny release clause.

That release clause allowed him to have his pick of clubs, and force Dortmund into not just paying Raiola €15m, Alf-Inge €10m and Erling €8m a year up front, but also give them a very reasonable buyout clause and reportedly €20m for the 2 agents out of Dortmunds cut when he decides to leave.

The 2 agents have done an incredible job of guiding his career so far, earning all of them a shit ton of money while also putting the kind in great situations to thrive on the pitch, turning down bigger clubs at every turn, and Haaland's performances have meant everyone is happy.

Last edited:
So true ! Raiola is just a good agent.

He manages to push the will of his players as his own so that he gets all the blame. It is working wonderfully, everyone is loathing Raiola as if what he said and the timing was not agreed with Pogba.

As you said, ever since Verratti signed under Raiola, we have not heard a single bad word. Nothing at all. Why ? Because Verratti is happy and doesn't need Raiola acting as a proxy to get him what he wants.

There is a reason why so many young and talented players sign with Raiola. He gets things done for them and they keep a clean image.

I'm not saying i like Raiola but you should consider what he says as the reflection of what the player is thinking.
So here, for me, Pogba is the bad one accepting his agent talking such things as such a important time. If he was unhappy with that, he could have antagonized Raiola and changed agent. He did not.
Correct. I know people don't want to hear this but Raiola is actually just a great agent. He gets the moves his clients want, the best wages, and takes all the heat. Not wanting Haaland, someone who might be the best striker in the world very shortly, because Mino Raiola is his agent is fucking idiotic.

It's hard to think of how an agent could do a better job with Haaland than Raiola has done so far.

He got him a move to Salzburg which saw him get paid a ton by their standards with a tiny release clause.

That release clause allowed him to have his pick of clubs, and force Dortmund into not just paying Raiola €15m, Alf-Inge €10m and Erling €8m a year up front, but also give them a very reasonable buyout clause and reportedly €20m for the 2 agents out of Dortmunds cut when he decides to leave.

The 2 agents have done an incredible job of guiding his career so far, earning all of them a shit ton of money while also putting the kind in great situations to thrive on the pitch, turning down bigger clubs at every turn, and Haaland's performances have meant everyone is happy.
Yep,he has earned shit loads of money and will earn a shit load more......in reference to the ambition statement,that was my point.

The fact that Jack Gaughan and Paul Hirst are reporting means that there is definite interest from the club's side. Also the club don't brief this sort of stuff before having some discussions with the player and his agent. Might be an interesting saga in the summer, who knows we might land him.
It’s certainly an encouraging sign.

It’s certainly an encouraging sign.
I think it’s clear that this signing is a potential investment for 10+ years. As long as his next club are winning trophies, I don’t see him as forcing a move. All he wants to do is win, and we don’t exactly have a bad habit of that...

I’m not surprised we’re making noise. It’s an obvious choice.

I think it’s clear that this signing is a potential investment for 10+ years. As long as his next club are winning trophies, I don’t see him as forcing a move. All he wants to do is win, and we don’t exactly have a bad habit of that...

I’m not surprised we’re making noise. It’s an obvious choice.
We don’t tend to get this type of player (i.e. the most highly sought after players in the world) as we’re not willing/able to pay the same wages or agent fees as some other clubs. Maybe in a post-Covid environment though we’ll find ourselves better places to exploit the market.

We don’t tend to get this type of player (i.e. the most highly sought after players in the world) as we’re not willing/able to pay the same wages or agent fees as some other clubs. Maybe in a post-Covid environment though we’ll find ourselves better places to exploit the market.

Fortunately for Us, covid as left us in a very strong position. Raiola is my big issue. He tends to move players around like a car salesman. If we get Haarland it wont be for 10 yrs. Having said that. Haarland for however long, can only be good for city

I’m hoping we go for him this summer when there is no buy out clause because that suddenly changes the dynamic on who can do a deal.

For his buyout clause there’s maybe 5-10 clubs that could do £70m in 2022, post-Covid, and it’d be an absolute circus. Pay a premium of say £120m this summer and there’s only going to be maybe 2 or 3 that could do it.

I’ve only seen bits of this guy but he looks like he’d give us a very different option... and one we badly need.

Reactions: Ric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.