West Brom (h) post-match thread

It’s not like we were playing a team that looked dangerous on the break, we needed a win after the derby game, a chance to get within 3 points he should have gone for it big time.

Ederson

Dias Rodri Ake stay back

Sterling gundogan KDB torres

Foden Sergio Jesus

Off Mendy and Cancelo

Rodri makes Butch Wilkins look direct.

We have better footballers at centre half. One paced plodder with little to no quality, defensively suspect too.

The amount of money we've spent on suspect to outright garbage players is really coming back to bite us now.

How is it we're still so reliant on the old core from 2012?

You can clearly see Pep's game doesn't work without the right personnel. Hard to believe we're going to amount to much this season. I think our recruitment has a lot of answer for, personally.

Trying to think of reasons why this season is so poor. Game after game. Not buying the no pre-season Pep, we’re in December. Can only think no crowds having a bigger impact than we thought. Not saying the players aren’t motivated, but we help create the urgency. A roar goes up, you can see the effect. That is the most noticeable change, we can’t have gone this dross so quickly.

Double pivot makes sense against a strong counter attacking team at the top end of the league. Against West Brom?

Rodri wasn't great again but on this occasion we're expecting him to be something he's not. Frustrating to watch.

Saw lots of people saying chillwell is shit but i’d rather have him than mendy. Also his haircut was appalling. You can have a wacky haircut once you play well is my view
I watched the Chelsea game before this. Sure Chelsea lost, but Chilwell was fantastic for most of it. Certainly could have provided more in attack than Mendy. Huge miss by us.

Didn't enjoy that at all. Not like us, looks like we have no purpose and notably no threat through the middle. This team needs life breathing into it.

Made all the worse by the commentary on Amazon, they were positively gleeful in our inability to score and it was all from the west brom point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.