Pep's contract situation

For the right price,i don't think id have a big problem with all but a couple of our players being up for sale.
The team needs reinvigorating,i'm happy with our centre halves but,otherwise,i dont think anyone is essential to the way we play.......a new spine,in terms of midfield and attack,is the definitely the priority.

Rodri - Doesn’t fit
Mendy - Pure shite
Mahrez- See Mendy
Bernardo - Would be sad to see him go but let’s be honest, he’s done fuck all for coming on two years now.

What is concerning is all them are Pep signings, almost £250m worth of players deemed surplus, if believed.

212m to be precise!!

Rodri is a decent player and would look even better in Spain or Italy. But he's the wrong player for City and the wrong player for Premier League. Way too slow, way too passive, way too flaky to survive being pressed hard.
“World Class” though???!!!!!!!! Are you really sure about that??
He absolutely is and I believe that time will show it.

Our three biggest leaders left in three consecutive seasons ya ya Kompany and silva. The players everybody would look to when things weren’t going right all gone one after the other. Any team doesn’t matter who you are would take a dip after losing those three and replacing them is probably almost impossible

Last edited:
Our three biggest leaders left in three consecutive seasons ya ya Kim pant and silva. The players everybody would look to when things weren’t going right all gone one after the other. Any team doesn’t matter who you are would take a dip after losing those three and replacing them is probably almost impossible
Miss Kim Pant myself, can’t blame the team for missing her

There is a purge coming. Rodri, Mahrez, Mendy and Bernardo are goners next summer.

A decision on Sergio won't be made until next May.

Pep wants to rip it up and start again, with the full support of Khaldoon.

There is a train of thought that only Mendy will be difficult to do some proper horse-trading on.

meme.jpg

I just think he is fighting for the same on field space as our other players,so while he is being played in an unnatural role or being left on the bench,we will never get the best out of him.

He deserves a club that will build around him.
This is correct.
Every time he takes the field for Portugal, he plays in his natural position, which is wide right or sometimes right midfield.
Always comes off the field as the best player, having worked his socks off, and created opportunities if not scoring himself.
His defensive work for his national team is what we used to see for City (unbelievably good) when he “was” playing on the right wing or right mid. Not only that but the right back feels able to push forward more often as they know Bernardo will get back to cover them.
Bernardo is a very gifted player, with one hell of an engine but also likes to get stuck in.

Get FFS out, and put Bernardo back where he plays his best football.

When Pep arrived in 2016 he inherited some truly great players who were part of a squad which was growing old together. In two transfer windows he brought in young players to rejuvenate the team, especially the defence, and created a blend on the pitch which not only dominated the game domestically but rewrote the record book completely and played football of such superlative quality that it may never b equalled. Even this cannot stop the clock - Ya Ya, Vinnie and Merlin realised that the intensity, the demands of consistency and the sheer physicality of City in PL could not be met regularly and called time. The downside is that Pep "should have replaced them". Just like that! Who can replace any of them? Maguire to replace Kompany? Really? Dias is NOT a replacement for Vinnie. He may well become a City great in his own right - in time. But he will be different to Vinnie. And who replaces Merlin? And Ya Ya? Unfortunately you can't replace the irreplaceable!

But if we look at City now we note that there are only four players who are 30 or over. Unfortunately, at least two fall into the category of greats and legends and one has a claim to be the definition of great or legend. Apart from that the squad is at the oldest "coming to its peak" though any changes required will have to wait for January or, more likely, summer. Still, the age profile of the squad gives us hope for the season, though our players have played more games over the last 3 seasons than any other PL club and even in a season which some of our fanes apparently regard as "shit" we played every round of the Carabao cup (and won them all), got to the semi-final of the FA cup, the quarter-final of CL and finished second in PL. We do not know how the continuous playing over 3 seasons coupled with the absence of any close season and the congested schedule this season will affect our players. Certainly one of the influential factors in the defeat to Leicester was the fact that our lads were simply not match fit or sharp. I know this outrages those who assure us that they can play 3 matches a week, every week on a diet of pie, chips and stout but... Nevertheless Pep has solved one major problem and that is our vulnerability to the counter, or so it seems. At the moment, the cost appears to be that we are scoring far fewer goals and this needs solving SOON. We are not creating as much but I think we are creating ENOUGH very good chances to win games: two in stoppage time on Tuesday, at least two which Gabby should surely have put away at OT, a penalty against the scousers, two or three against Leeds and West Ham and so on. And who can possibly put this problem right?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.