Mancini or Pep era?

Pep all the way even if it is going to shit now. Let's not kid ourselves with Mancini he gave us the magical moment in may 2012, the 6-1, the fa cup against Stoke but the majority of the football was quite stale with the odd exception of a great performance chucked in. Pep has given us two amazing seasons with bagfuls of goals, even the other two poor seasons we've entertained mostly. The less said the better about this one so far. But Pep wins it hands down.

What a pathetic post.

Pep all the way even if it is going to shit now. Let's not kid ourselves with Mancini he gave us the magical moment in may 2012, the 6-1, the fa cup against Stoke but the majority of the football was quite stale with the odd exception of a great performance chucked in. Pep has given us two amazing seasons with bagfuls of goals, even the other two poor seasons we've entertained mostly. The less said the better about this one so far. But Pep wins it hands down.
The majority of football was quite stale? Pass me the contents of whatever you're smoking please. 2011-2012 19 home games, 18 wins, one draw. Away wins included 6-1 v United, 5-1 v Spurs, we scored 93 league goals that season. Of the 38 league games we scored 3 or more on TWENTY occasions. Stale? You're right, don't kid yourself. Mancini was the bollocks (bit like your facts).

Bobby for me, more excitement and it was all very 'new'. Odd as it may seem, I do feel we have lost our way a little with Pep, albeit that were are now far more successful than I ever dreamed we could be, but still it doesn't feel as good, but I can't put a finger on why I feel this way?

Bobby for me, more excitement and it was all very 'new'. Odd as it may seem, I do feel we have lost our way a little with Pep, albeit that were are now far more successful than I ever dreamed we could be, but still it doesn't feel as good, but I can't put a finger on why I feel this way?

It’s human nature to feel disappointment after a fall. We all get used to the finer things in life and anything beneath that fills us with displeasure. Ultimately it’s a consequence of our own success. Never had we tasted utter domination. Utter control. Pep gave us that and so under Pep that became the new norm. Now we are underachieving it’s difficult to take.

And by the way I feel the same.

We were shit but he loved us anyway , pep would have walked , he likes u s because we are a big team now , that is all
Thanks for proving my point on the disrespect to Pep about him not caring.

Dortmund the German champions who would get to the final. Now at least we can get a draw at home to west brom.
Did you miss the Mancini games against Sunderland?

The majority of football was quite stale? Pass me the contents of whatever you're smoking please. 2011-2012 19 home games, 18 wins, one draw. Away wins included 6-1 v United, 5-1 v Spurs, we scored 93 league goals that season. Of the 38 league games we scored 3 or more on TWENTY occasions. Stale? You're right, don't kid yourself. Mancini was the bollocks (bit like your facts).
A lot of the football in that 2011/12 season was fantastic, I don’t think we have played better than we did in that 6-1 derby, the football that day was breathtaking . But I think overall the Pep era shades it for me, for a couple of season I believe we were playing the best football in the world.

After such a long list of failed managers it's good to get three in a row that have done well.

Tbf when we were asking players to paint the training ground because we are so skint to afford decorators, I expect the calibre of manager to be frank clark.

If a club owned by a billionaire that is willing to invest like ours didn't have 3 decent managers in a row I would be worried

Last edited:
It comes down to who when you think of when city our club comes to mind to epitomise us or they feel like they are part of us and the fabric and got us
For me
Mercer did
Big Mal did
Book did
Horton did
Royle did
Keegan did
Mancini did

Ball deffinately didn't the little shit

Pep blows hot and cold in my opinion in this regard, shows an afinity at times but also a tepid distance from us, like we are a part of his process of learning.

The 100 points season and the Fourmidables the following season were 2 seasons of success and amazing football that we are not likely to see again, the 14 game run to beat Liverpool that second season was just unreal
For me though the Mancini years will always be looked on as my favourite time being a City fan no doubt. The FA cup, the 1-6, the league and how we won it, it was just amazing times, the buzz of going to Wembley at the start was bigger than it is now, it was just fuckin brilliant

2011 2012 was the last time we were the underdogs and most of the country wanted us to win the title to spite the rags. Their was a freshness to all we achieved and older blues like myself saw the return of days we thought had gone forever. Under Pep we are just another big club and the country likes to see us fall on our arses. So Bobby for me as they say " nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.