Mancini or Pep era?

Thanks for proving my point on the disrespect to Pep about him not caring.

Did you miss the Mancini games against Sunderland?
He doesnt care like bobby did , that is a fact , noddy shits all over him in the derbies, bobby and even pellers made us dominent in the derbies, no passion anymore

Would be interesting if BH85 had done a top 10 favourite city managers (don't think many could compare 20)

I still think mercer, alison, mancini would end up above Pep on many peoples lists
Personally, I don't think Big Mal merits a place on his own - He was a loose cannon without Joe's steadying hand.

Over my 60 years watching City, nobody comes anywhere near the Mercer/Allison partnership and Bobby Mancini. They transformed City from shite to great and took us on journeys that no-one ever expected.

While we have seen a lot of magical football under Pep Guardiola, the club was already building on foundations set by Mancini, and continued investment. As such much of what has been achieved under Pep was expected to happen by fans and media.

Mercer/Allison & Mancini periods were truly magical

Would be interesting if BH85 had done a top 10 favourite city managers (don't think many could compare 20)

I still think mercer, alison, mancini would end up above Pep on many peoples lists
There would be some fierce competition for the bottom few places in that top 20

He doesnt care like bobby did , that is a fact , noddy shits all over him in the derbies, bobby and even pellers made us dominent in the derbies, no passion anymore
It's not a fact. Mancini cared and so does Pep.

Mancini had a losing record in derbies.

Mancini era was very new to city fans so will always be special.

Pep has turned city into a major European team. The only think that has let pep down is some poor buys. 2/3 world class players & we will dominate for another 5 years.
We'll need more than 2/3 players and "dominate" ? that's just silly.

No one like Mancini for me. For the derbies though, I'm going with Pep doesn't want to play like Leeds and get slaughtered, remember those days when we played fast flowing football;) Them lot are so fast on the break and have been for a few years, who would want a sick swan against us?

It's interesting seeing the romanticised version of Mancini and his time at the club. There's little doubt of the transformational effect that that period had on everything to do with City. Not just winning trophies but instilling a winning mentality into the club and more importantly into that collection of players. Roberto was a huge part of that and that will never be forgotten. The comparison with Pep from a footballing POV just doesn't stand up though, but I guess that this isn't really about the football. More about 'connection' on a personal/emotional level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.