Everton (A) | Game Postponed

So what would Neville and all the other Arab/City hating wankers rather we did? Suspected the virus could be rampaging through our club, kept schtum after declaring the latest players infected, played the game and passed it on to Everton? We would then be hammered for not being responsible. They can fuck off the City hating cunts, we have had the cut of their jib for some time now

Sad that it was postponed. Hopefully cleared up with tests in the next few days.

reading the messages in here this doesn’t look like it’s been handled in the right way by the PL, but I think it’s understandable frustrations from Everton rather than any malice . No doubt the rescheduled game will have no fans and that’s a blow for them.

He refers to Leyton Orient forfeiting to Spurs.
the difference being as Gnev should know (being as hes so knowlegable) is rule 5.1 of the carabao cup if a team cannot fulfil the fixture they would forfeit the tie ,
Yet that is not set to happen for next week's semi-final, even if it cannot take place as scheduled.
EFL Cup laws state that the rule forcing clubs to withdraw from the competition if they cannot fulfil a fixture was only in place until the fourth round.
That means the semi-final will likely be rearranged if its postponed

Everton haven't stated that.

They're said public safety is uppermost and there should be full disclosure of the information - which is a legitimate request considering we were 4 hours away from a Premier League match with fans in attendance.

There isn't an issue with Man City here. The issue is with the Premier League.

Everton statement:

Everton Football Club regret the postponement of tonight’s match against Manchester City - not only for the 2,000 fans who would have been attending, but for supporters on Merseyside and across the world.

Our players were prepared for the game, as were both the team staff and everyone at Goodison. Matchday is the most important date in our calendar. And this was a big one.

Whilst Everton will always have public safety uppermost, we will be requesting full disclosure of all the information that Manchester City provided to the Premier League so the Club can be clear on why this decision was taken.
Very touching statement. The compassion is overwhelming.

I think the possible issue is the Premier League just informing the club of a decision, possibly contravening previously agreed protocols, without providing all of the information.

I've got no issue with the match being postponed but there has to be transparency around the decision making.

Expecting transparency from the PL ? Now that certainly would be novel.
City dont have to report anything to Everton, they have gone to the PL and held discussions. Its down to the PL to keep us informed as a member of its league and your opponents today. It sounds like this didnt happen which is shoddy from them to say the least.

I dint think Everton are getting at City, more the PL.
Tbh not sure why there is any surprise that the PL have shown themselves to be totally incompetent in this matter.

I'm not a lawyer but I assume there's a legal precedent here too. Had the PL let this go ahead and it turns out after City's next tests that there's a full scale outbreak going on at the club, then the PL might have opened themselves up to serious litigation. Especially if it infected Everton.
Alluded to this earlier in the thread but you have written it much more concisely than I could have.

Apparently the premier league initially rejected our request to postpone. With Everton being unaware of the conversations, had we accepted the premier league’s initial decision, then there would have been a very real possibility of this scenario happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.