Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a reply you will notice that the BBC not answer any of the points I raised. Joke of an organisation.

View attachment 7480

So all the bbc did was remove the incorrect fact but no explanation of why the incorrect statement was in there

pull them up for it, tell them that’s not what was written, the complaint wasn’t who he picked but the inaccurate facts.

Following the Roan interview of Maguire which was another pro rag propaganda piece, I wondered if the interview was instigated and funded by united's PR department, so I wrote off to the beeb with a freedom of information request

Thank you for your request to the BBC of 28th August 2020 seeking the following information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (‘the Act’):

With regard to an interview with Harry Maguire, conducted by Dan Roan which was broadcast on the BBC One 10 o'clock news on Thursday 27th August 2020
I request two pieces of information
1/ In which country was the interview conducted?
2/ Who paid for Dan Roan's travel, accommodation and sustenance?
I look forward to you furnishing me with the information requested

The information you have requested is excluded from the Act because if held it would be held for the purposes of ‘journalism, art or literature.’ The BBC is therefore not obliged to provide this information to you and will not be doing so on this occasion. Part VI of Schedule 1 to FOIA provides that information held by the BBC and the other public service broadcasters is only covered by the Act if it is held for ‘purposes other than those of journalism, art or literature”. The BBC is not required to supply information held for the purposes of creating the BBC’s output or information that supports and is closely associated with these creative activities1

The limited application of the Act to public service broadcasters was to protect freedom of
expression and the rights of the media under Article 10 European Convention on Human Rights
(“ECHR”). The BBC, as a media organisation, is under a duty to impart information and ideas on
all matters of public interest and the importance of this function has been recognised by the
European Court of Human Rights. Maintaining our editorial independence is a crucial factor in
enabling the media to fulfil this function. However, the BBC makes a huge range of information
available about our programmes and content on bbc.co.uk.

I listened to a very good investigative journalist who was doing a story on police & paedophile activity & he explained the amount of pathetic excuses that freedom of information would be refused. Often it was bullshit with the hope you give up, you could be onto something, keep going.

You can sue both the writer and the publisher. As a Global Correspondent for AP Rob Harris links from his Twitter feed to most of his published online content and it appears in various platforms all over the world including the UK.
If City wanted to they could sue multiple publishers for some of the inaccurate and defamatory stuff he has produced for them. I would settle for just taking action against him. Any damages we were awarded could go to Manchester-based charities. In a civil action the writer or publisher has to prove that what they have published is true. For example Rob Harris would have to prove that Pep has been paid from a separate account ie off books (to evade tax or FFP rules). Good luck with that.

Take them for every penny & then donate it St Marcus charity then they can report how well he is doing & if it wasn’t for him they wouldn’t eat :)

I listened to a very good investigative journalist who was doing a story on police & paedophile activity & he explained the amount of pathetic excuses that freedom of information would be refused. Often it was bullshit with the hope you give up, you could be onto something, keep going.
Most FOI requesters don't know what they are asking for, don't clearly define it, send the same question to 300 plus authorities whether it is applicable or not, and expect each to spend up to 18 hours pulling together the information.

Therefore one email could in theory waste 4,000 hours of public funds, and a lot of nutters use it to waste time, feed their own ego, or on fishing expeditions for stories that don't exist.

An organisation could spend 100% of its time dealing with FOI requests if there wasn't a lot of silly ones knocked back. It is open to abuse, and 16 years later I am surprised it hasn't been greatly amended.

More stories about Mendy throwing parties. I can’t imagine him being here anymore this summer. Just cut our losses on him

Most FOI requesters don't know what they are asking for, don't clearly define it, send the same question to 300 plus authorities whether it is applicable or not, and expect each to spend up to 18 hours pulling together the information.

Therefore one email could in theory waste 4,000 hours of public funds, and a lot of nutters use it to waste time, feed their own ego, or on fishing expeditions for stories that don't exist.

An organisation could spend 100% of its time dealing with FOI requests if there wasn't a lot of silly ones knocked back. It is open to abuse, and 16 years later I am surprised it hasn't been greatly amended.
I've never had an FOI knocked back and I’m a complete nutter!

If anybody has doubts about the different styles of reporting between City United and Liverpool, then tomorrow is your chance.

Do you think the narrative will be:

Heroic City battle bravely on despite half the squad being decimated with the evil global curse of Covid19.

Or

Money bags oil barons show arrogance to Covid19 by fielding a embarrassing side of world record priced mega stars and a multi billion pound bench to rub it into the noses of other teams struggling during this global pandemic.

If this was the Rags and Dippers.

We all have to take our hats off to these wonderful guys in Red for their brave attempts to put on a show during this terrible time. They are putting their own personal safety to one side, to bring us some entertainment.
Hardly being able to scratch a side together, several heroic older players have been drafted in to complete the numbers.
As a mark of respect to these glorious heroes, it is only right that we all attend our doorsteps every Thursday and clap for them until their brave background medical staff come up with a cure...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.