Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

There is a purge coming. Rodri, Mahrez, Mendy and Bernardo are goners next summer.

A decision on Sergio won't be made until next May.

Pep wants to rip it up and start again, with the full support of Khaldoon.

There is a train of thought that only Mendy will be difficult to do some proper horse-trading on.
Surprising that Rodri starts every game then, with Mahrez the first choice winger into the bargain. Bernie’s the only one I’d be disappointed to lose, but even he’s looked like just another small, slow, standard, City midfield lightweight for 12 months or more.
Rodri’s a good player, but not in a team whose ethos is pressing, and I don’t know what Pep was thinking when he signed him.
Mendy’s just been one of the worst buys of all time, simple as that

I questioned in this thread why he had signed the extension if he wasn’t willing to adapt his play style. The adoption has been slow, too slow for me to see, but we’re seeing it now. For the first time in his managerial career an absolute defensive powerhouse of a team. This man is a legend, and I’m a simple shit muncher.

Can’t see Rodri going, but can absolutely see Mahrez & Mendy off. Hope Bernardo stays, finding form again, still young, he won’t be off imo.

The commentator mentioned that they thought Pep had been flat at the start of the season... It's not that long ago since his Mum died, the pandemic is affecting everyone's personal life and it doesn't come more serious than that.

I was really pleased that Pep mentioned we didn't have a single pre-season game in the build up to this season, we were cut no slack whatsoever, but it looks like we're finding our way now and with a noticeable injury list too.

I questioned in this thread why he had signed the extension if he wasn’t willing to adapt his play style. The adoption has been slow, too slow for me to see, but we’re seeing it now. For the first time in his managerial career an absolute defensive powerhouse of a team. This man is a legend, and I’m a simple shit muncher.
He hasn’t adapted his style. He’s just got better centre backs. He tried to change the system to the 4231 earlier this season but it didn’t get us enough goals and he seems to have abandoned it.

He hasn’t adapted his style. He’s just got better centre backs. He tried to change the system to the 4231 earlier this season but it didn’t get us enough goals and he seems to have abandoned it.
The style has changed. We are now happy to concede possession and let the oppo pass it around in front of us. If we defend well, attempts to penetrate will fall on stony ground. This makes sense in a season where we have to play twice week, every week and we are bound to have some players isolating. Full on pressing uses a lot of energy.
The interesting thing will be whether we revert to a more pressing style when the viral emergency is over and a decent timetable returns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.