United (A) - League Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

I should be happy (I am) after this win but when Fernandinho stops playing for City, it will be a tough day. No hate on Rodri but Dinho showed us why he’s the best at what he does.

Nonetheless, credit where it’s due...Stones has been like a new signing. Happy for the lad. Probably felt like the world was against him. Always looked rough, always injured. Couldn’t get into the team.

He’s risen from the ashes like a Phoenix. Alongside Dias, that partnership is like a titanium fortress. Collectively good performance.

I thought we played really well tonight.

Collectively was a really good team performance

Brother in law who is a Rag,held up his Hands and said the best team won tonight.That was nice to hear.

He feels Rags are only doing well in the Premier League because it has taken us time to get going this season.And feels we are the real Title challengers.

Was not used to hearing this.

On my part i told him they have closed the gap a bit since last season.To be fair they have.They provided a stiff test,they are not a shit side any more.They will be there or there about

This is what made our victory even better.Beating a side with some pretty stellar attacking talent.

Defenses win Titles,Bobbby Manc knew this.

Pep knew we were lacking goals up front,so went a bit pragmatic with our style,by sorting out our defense to compensate.

I am starting to think this approach might pay off.
I have felt for a few months once Pep signed a new contract he decided to build a team from the back - probably against his principles but think he realised with key players coming to the end it was the best way to get a solid defensive base before signing a world class striker - what has been helpful is Stones returning and he looks better than he did when we first signed him.

The Telegraph reckons we have a cadre of unhappy players. Can't see them there.
Great to see the players embracing each other like that.

I am trying to keep my Feet on the ground.

It is hard though......reason being,when you see that kind of team bonding you start getting giddy.

Even Pep looks to have his Mojo back.

He has that sparkle back in his Eye again,and the enthusiasm has returned.That Camera shot of Pep on his Haunches,overreacting,shaking his Head in Despair at fuck knows what.That is the Pep we know and love.

Reduced me to tears when he came out to do the after-match interview with the tribute to Colin Bell T-Shirt.

What a Guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.