#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much time do you give what? The team scores more goals when Jesus plays

We’ve scored 12 league goals with him in the team this season (and 5 of those were in one game) and 12 when he was missing. And he didn’t play against Arsenal, Chelsea and Southampton which were probably our best performances in the league.

Baffled he's being criticised today. He played well out on the left, I want to see him there more. Could have scored but wasn't an easy chance. He's just back from having covid, We've no idea how badly impacted any of the players are today was good for him to try and run off the rustiness.
I thought he was good. No issues with him going for goal when he had the opportunities

I thought he was good. No issues with him going for goal when he had the opportunities
Were people complaining about him trying to score some of those chances? Of course he had to try them, they weren't as easy as some suggested, but he made decent attempts to score them.

Also his first game back, so I expected some level of rustiness.

Offers so much. Great work ethic, creates chances, bullies defenders, and will score a bag full before the season ends

Were people complaining about him trying to score some of those chances? Of course he had to try them, they weren't as easy as some suggested, but he made decent attempts to score them.

Also his first game back, so I expected some level of rustiness.
You know the matchday thread muppets

Unfair to judge him against Birmingham after his illness , but generally i just dont think his style of play is suited to the Premier league , he would get more protection from refs in La Liga and Serie A , if he went to Real,Barca or Juve i think he would be a superstar , but in our league he will never be a first choice striker for us , he hasnt got the physical presence we need.

Since he came back from his injury earlier this season he's barely been used as a typical lone forward. It's been as a deeper defensive forward or false 9, or in today's case on the left.

I've been trying to figure out if this is Pep seeing Jesus in a different capacity, or whether the false 9 thing is a tactical shift that he was always working towards. I have felt that for a while Pep has been aiming to have a very fluid attacking unit. Sterling, Foden, De Bruyne, and Torres all can provide that on paper with Jesus.

What's difficult is that Aguero's been unavailable, and how he'd play would help us understand a lot of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.