Patson Daka

So ultimately it seems you agree that the Red Bull model is performing better than the CFG model, despite lower resources and less longevity, at this moment in time.
They have scouted better players and have a clear pathway. Mane, Werner, Haaland etc
The CFG has produced players for Leeds, Arsenal, Newcastle, Aston Villa and RB Leipzig. None for City
I don’t think he’s agreeing pal, more explaining that comparing the 2 models of CFG & RB is like comparing apples to oranges......& it’s a very fair comment

Reactions: kun
So ultimately it seems you agree that the Red Bull model is performing better than the CFG model, despite lower resources and less longevity, at this moment in time.
They have scouted better players and have a clear pathway. Mane, Werner, Haaland etc
The CFG has produced players for Leeds, Arsenal, Newcastle, Aston Villa and RB Leipzig. None for City

Do you not see the contradiction here? We have produced players good enough for Red Bulls biggest club.

Also why do Sadio Mané, Haaland and Werner count when they were only at one RB club? They didn't progress through the RB system. None of them even came from a RB academy, they are just signings. You may as well include Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sané, Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho and Giovanni Reyna to name just a few for CFG, hell you might as well include Agüero, Silva, Kompany and Hart, as they were all developed by a CFG club.

The major difference between City and Leipzig is that they buy low, sell high. We buy high and keep hold of. Leipzig have never had a player the same level as David Silva, Yaya Touré or Sergio Agüero. While Salzburg have had high potential players who had to leave at a young age to attempt to reach it (Mané, Haaland).

Last edited:
Red Bull with a clear strategy and pathway once again. Making absolute mugs of the CFG.
It is a different strategy,thats all. Losing Sancho was a blow, but let's be honest, if he were still here how many games would he have played over Mahrez ? Some players need game time to develop. Some clubs see the potential and offer the time.It doesnt always work Suarez,Diaz etc. Plus,if it were so simple to spot these players then we would surely see more come through the lower echelons of the Premier League..it happens,Mane,VDV, but is rare. The City model is based on success,being in the top 4 minimum.They cant take the same risks as the RBs of this world,we buy proven players. Wish we did give some of our youngsters more game time because watching Foden blossom has been great to see.The fans love it and rightly so. I hope Braaf does not become the next Sancho.
As for the original topic. Daka seems to look good on youtube,scores with both feet and head, has good stats.Would prefer Haaland,but wouldnt say no.Leave it to Pep and Txiki.

I’d be interested to know who makes these decisions. How we couldn’t get a work permit for Douglas Luiz but Villa could still puzzles me.

I think that must have been down to the material difference to the team and game time, at city he would have been a bit part player while at villa he was a first team player for most games. Not sure how that is judged by the government (or who in the HO makes that decision - or what club they support!) so guessing it’s a wild card decision on if ones granted or not.

Still don’t think brexit plays any role in changing decisions though as they are sovereign laws not European laws.

This sounds like the kind of thrifty, under-the-radar, signing that we'd do. I like it, especially since this could mean that we could keep both Aguero and Gabby.
This entirely. Keep Serge and Gabby but certainly strengthen. Doesn't have to be a big name. Just a top quality young player who will fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.