Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this Kid is fine but his agent will be a unnecessary big pain in the ass. Right now we have Pep, so Mino wont dare tread out of line as Pep wont take any shit. But if Pep leaves in 2 or 3 years then some other may not be as good as Pep in dealing such issues. So whenever things go slightly inconvenient for his client that **** will be making a lot of noise and disrupting the squad. Just look at united and Pogba (constantly shit talking before big matches).

It is unnecessary imo and we would be better off looking for some other young striker.

Raiola only makes noise that his client wants him to say. He is the mouthpiece, he takes the flak for his client if they're unhappy. If his client is happy, like Verratti at PSG, you won't hear a word. If Haaland is unhappy here, his agent is irrelevant and he would be sold regardless.

And we would absolutely not be better off looking elsewhere. There is a shortage of top strikers coming through and, to miss out on the best of the lot because of some perceived hypotheticals that may not even happen, would be foolish. Dimitri Seluk was a pain for all of us but made no difference to our squad and we won titles irrespective of his words.

the biggest pile of shite I hear people say is "he doesn't fit our playstyle". he absolutely does from what i can tell
Depends on what is meant by that. I think he'd be just fine. His very intelligent and makes quick decisions. He is powerful, a bully, and a very accurate shooter All those are great qualities. But his ball control and technique are a bit below par. Not sure how that would playing in a possession team that often plays against parked buses.

But I'll be interested to see

Just spotted a video on YouTube of Alf Haaland being serenaded by City fans when he went to a home game a few years back. I'm sure that can't do us any harm securing his son haha!

Raiola only makes noise that his client wants him to say. He is the mouthpiece, he takes the flak for his client if they're unhappy. If his client is happy, like Verratti at PSG, you won't hear a word. If Haaland is unhappy here, his agent is irrelevant and he would be sold regardless.

And we would absolutely not be better off looking elsewhere. There is a shortage of top strikers coming through and, to miss out on the best of the lot because of some perceived hypotheticals that may not even happen, would be foolish. Dimitri Seluk was a pain for all of us but made no difference to our squad and we won titles irrespective of his words.
Bear in mind Hamsik sacked Raiola, when Raiola was trying to ship him away from Napoli but Hamsik wanted to extend his contract. So concerns about Raiola aren't unfounded.

I'd say for the most part he respects his clients wishes. Donnarumma continued at Milan after a huge saga about him leaving, but decided to stay regardless.

Small extract from Mido (that I found on Reddit...):
“The best agent. For me I think he is the best agent. But he is not the kind of guy if you have a problem at your club who will try and solve it.
“He will try to find you another club. This is how Mino has been through the years.
“When Zlatan Ibrahimovic had these problems with Pep Guardiola [at Barcelona] he didn't go and solve the problems for Zlatan he looked for another club.”

For the most part, if the player is happy, there won't be problems. But sometimes you get outliers like Hamsik's situation.

Much as I'd love to see it, the money being quoted for him, his agent, and the amount of competition for his signature leave me doubtful we can get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.