Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't swap our history for all the tea in China. It's as interesting as any club's and I'm not so crippled by crushing insecurity that it has to be solely rooted in the acquisition of trophies.

Most clubs have rich histories, some obviously more than others – but history is not dependent on how many shiny trinkets are in your cabinet!

Rashford now on Channel 5 News with the headline 'campaigner Marcus Rashford takes on the Government again (heavily stressed) over school meals'.
The actual report is somewhat different interviewing mums, mentioning that paediatricians and even Downing Street were unhappy with the packs being issued in lieu of the grocery voucher. Then there is a copy of a tweet purportedly written by him which gets the headlines and the professionals' and volunteers' ongoing work is sidelined. No mention of the obvious problems food banks have with the 'stay at home' message will have on them.
This lad might have good intentions but he is being played.

Why does history matter anyway? And I mean that however you define it.

Surely the present and the future are more important?

Sorry don‘t agree with that at all.

What makes Manchester City, Manchester City is its rich history.

Im sure all fans feel the same but I have always been immensely proud of our past and the uniqueness of our history stands us apart, in my eyes, to most other clubs.

From Agueroo (2012) to being relegated as Reigning champions and top scorers (1937), the Trautmann final (Broken neck), record attendance against Stoke (1934) to missing out on promotion after an 8-0 final day victory by a goal average of 0.0006 (1927) all these things are reasons I fell in love with the club. To me the history of the club is more important than the present and the current success is just icing on the cake.

"Merceneries". i'd forgotten that one. It is slightly off-topic because that was daft fans rather than the media, in the main, but kids all over the internet of the United persuasion were using it willy-nilly back in the day.

Just imagine how it felt on 28-4-12 when Kompany, Zabaleta, Aguero, Toure and all of those other mercenaries showed ten times as much heart and commitment as their "legends" to outplay, outrun and outfight their team in the most important derby of all time.

View attachment 8194
Anyone for the 'Your players make money, our players make history' banner?

History matters to City fans we have it in spades and regale in it, the present and the future is tomorrows history.
Sorry don‘t agree with that at all.

What makes Manchester City, Manchester City is its rich history.

Im sure all fans feel the same but I have always been immensely proud of our past and the uniqueness of our history stands us apart, in my eyes, to most other clubs.

From Agueroo (2012) to being relegated as Reigning champions and top scorers (1937), the Trautmann final (Broken neck), record attendance against Stoke (1934) to missing out on promotion after an 8-0 final day victory by a goal average of 0.0006 (1927) all these things are reasons I fell in love with the club. To me the history of the club is more important than the present and the current success is just icing on the cake.
I was lacking context. I meant why does history matter when assessing a team as far as what it deserves, in the capacity that the media often reference it as others were discussing in the thread. Not why history matters at all in a general sense, which on reflection is how it reads.

Rashford now on Channel 5 News with the headline 'campaigner Marcus Rashford takes on the Government again (heavily stressed) over school meals'.
The actual report is somewhat different interviewing mums, mentioning that paediatricians and even Downing Street were unhappy with the packs being issued in lieu of the grocery voucher. Then there is a copy of a tweet purportedly written by him which gets the headlines and the professionals' and volunteers' ongoing work is sidelined. No mention of the obvious problems food banks have with the 'stay at home' message will have on them.
This lad might have good intentions but he is being played.
Just heard on talk radio "another own goal by the government who have scored more own goals than Richard Dunne in his prime"

Rashford (as sickly as the coverage is) doesn't deserve the hate in this thread. He got out there and helped out and he's doing a good thing for poor people who don't have enough food. I quite like that it took a lad from Wythenshawe to highlight the issues.
Quite right mate.

It saddens me that some brain dead morons actually seem to hate United more than they care about hungry children.

Marcus Rashford is one of the finest examples of what a modern footballler should be, more than virtually any other out there.

THe lad is a modern day hero. He really should be knighted asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.