Brighton (h) post-match thread

Sterling is crap when he has to think about anything .. misses 121s and penalties as second nature.. I think he knows this and the very cynical nature in me from his body language was that his missed it on purpose as it was low risk as last minute and message to Pep to never pick him for pens when it really matters. Either that or it raises concerns why Kev or Gundogan didn’t take it..
Blimey, I think I will go with, the moon is made of cheese, less far fetched than this :-)

A win is all.
Rodri, Bernardo, Dias and Stones were the best players for me.

What was very unusual, in my view, was that Brighton doubled up on our wingers and I haven't seen that since the days of Sterling/Sane. They had really excellent energy levels and took Cancelo out of the game by playing the ball quickly, to his outside, if it was turned over in the midfield when he had moved inside. This gave them a quick outlet ball and required Stones to be absolutely on it, which he was.

KDB did some wonderful stuff but was caught on the ball several times in the first half.
Zinchenko, who has done well recently, was caught out by their width and forced on to his right foot, which he doesn't possess.
Mahrez was poor, and I regularly defend him but today, bar one outstanding pass to Cancelo, was not his day.
Jesus looked as rusty as hell.

3 points is all that matters tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.