Brighton (h) post-match thread

When we’re just getting back into form, games like Birmingham at home in the Cup and runs of games against teams scrapping for their lives in the Prem are not beneficial for us at all. Mindset is different compared to big games, ruins our flow and we get into bad habits too easily.

If we’d been in good form all season it’s be a bit different, but we haven’t. I’m going to go as far to say that this will be our toughest run of games all season! Hopefully those big games come round again soon and we’ve come out of the other side of these with a run of wins, but I’m not looking forward to this run of games.
Palace is a potential banana skin. Whilst Palace are no great shakes they have some decent offensive players and they could cause us problems.

Could you really see Brighton scoring tonight ? I couldn't. Even from corners, and with BT comms willing them to score, Ederson had to make 1 routine save from a 25 yard volley from a headed clearance. I was happy at 1-0 up and never thought they had the quality to score.
Not really no, our defence has come on tenfold. A few nervy moments but that was more how they were going through our midfield at times

I have the utmost confidence now in our backline, and if it does concede then it will be because the opposition have played really well to score

No coincidence that our recent run of high intensity pressing games, which has brought us back to being favourites, stops when Mahrez is picked in the first 11. I support every single one of our squad except him because he literally changes the way we play. Bernardo and Phil show the work that has to be done to make us tick. I know I bang on about him and I don't make any excuses about that, but without him starting we have looked back to our best.

Having said that credit Brighton they pressed really well and put pressure on the pass - but without clever movement up top it looks like a few get caught in possession. We need every single player finding space and giving options - like a well oiled machine, get one dry component and things grind to a halt.

No worry though we have options coming back.

You are over-the-top critical. Pep changed the system and Cancelo struggled, because Riyad was actually running his ass out. But Jesus on the left and Phil on the right was one of Pep's brain freezes. ZInchenko was excellent, he only made one wrong pass , but was working himself into ground and defended really well.
Zinchenko was repeatedly caught out of position and exposed, then left lumbering back with the pace of a pensioner after a departed bus. Almost everything dangerous Brighton did originated down our left. He has played well recently but not tonight I’m afraid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.