Brighton (h) post-match thread

Made that harder than it needed to be.

A mixture of the subline to the ridiculous. A win and clean sheet so that will do again.

He gave the ball away very casually at times which put us under pressure at times, but overall had an ok game i thought.
He did. and the problem was Brighton kept playing the ball where he was n't (Right back)...great tactic when his passing is reliable but left us open a few times tonight.

No coincidence that our recent run of high intensity pressing games, which has brought us back to being favourites, stops when Mahrez is picked in the first 11. I support every single one of our squad except him because he literally changes the way we play. Bernardo and Phil show the work that has to be done to make us tick. I know I bang on about him and I don't make any excuses about that, but without him starting we have looked back to our best.

Having said that credit Brighton they pressed really well and put pressure on the pass - but without clever movement up top it looks like a few get caught in possession. We need every single player finding space and giving options - like a well oiled machine, get one dry component and things grind to a halt.

No worry though we have options coming back.
Again fine margins if Kev takes his early 1 on 1 may have been a different story - nice pass by Gundogan by the way

Give pens to Ederson ;)

Great 3 points - have to say well played Brighton, they were tidy in the 2nd half even though we were a bit messy, probably fatigue. De Bruyne and Foden were fantastic!

Worrying second half that.

Lots of stray passes and running into blind alleys.

The usually reliable Zinchenko did his best Mendy impression and was shocking.

However, at this stage 3 points and pressure on those 2 cunts is all that fucking matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.