Brighton (h) post-match thread

Probably Cancelo too......or they all should be.

No such thing as automatic choices with Pep. You have to earn your spot all the time and he has to think you are the right guy for the specific tactics he wants to employ in a game.

I like Cancelo a lot and have never been in the club that rapidly concluded he wasn't good enough but I think Walker is still, just, ahead of him for right back. Anyway, for the most part, I'd play Cancelo at LB and Walker at RB if both are fully fit; not sure what Pep will do though.

I can't recall the last match when so many passes went astray putting us back on the defensive and nearly all players were guilty. The middle part of the second half had me worried that we were going to throw away at least two points.
Does any one have successful pass stats although the one stat that matters is another 3 points in the bag.

Just seen this on the mUen ................

Questions raised over Manchester City's winning goal against Brighton​

Apparently Dias made tackle to win the ball way back in the build up. The media will try everything they can to fuel the aggro towards City - never much about the rags regular fluky goals and penalties.

Why didn't the Brighton player get shown a second yellow for his deliberate check on KDB late in the game - yet another incompetent referee - and where is the media inquest into that incident.
Did they mention the penalty shout on Foden when he was pushed in the chest?
Even macpointalot was taken aback it wasn't given

I can't recall the last match when so many passes went astray putting us back on the defensive and nearly all players were guilty. The middle part of the second half had me worried that we were going to throw away at least two points.
Does any one have successful pass stats although the one stat that matters is another 3 points in the bag.
I was thinking the same in the 2nd half and was trying to convince myself a point wouldn't be the worst result. Ground it out though and think we need to do that now and again.

Tired legs, great three points especially with the Tottenham game. Even though we’ve done really well lately, we have to remember it’s still a very odd season and they’ll be lots more weird results.

No such thing as automatic choices with Pep. You have to earn your spot all the time and he has to think you are the right guy for the specific tactics he wants to employ in a game.

I like Cancelo a lot and have never been in the club that rapidly concluded he wasn't good enough but I think Walker is still, just, ahead of him for right back. Anyway, for the most part, I'd play Cancelo at LB and Walker at RB if both are fully fit; not sure what Pep will do though.
Maybe there should be,after all a fixed team can build confidence and momentum and that leads to consistency and success.

Just look at the Rags,they have stumbled on a best 11 formation that has seen them over achieve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.