Rodney Marsh Q&A "I left my heart in Manchester"

Rodney was and is always controversial as a player and pundit , as a player considering his talent he grossly under achieved but he is the sort of guy i cant really dislike , a maverick who you can genuinely say has lived a life , and when he was on the team sheet you knew he would do something in a game that would bring a smile to your face. A Clown Prince of football in the nicest way.

Rodney Marsh, great player and entertainer, he was a joy to watch, one of the first ball jugglers to grace the first division, I certainly enjoyed his time playing for City. People say he lost us the League, I don't think he did, people forget that Colin Bell got injured during the season and missed 8 to 9 games, and we lost 4 to 5 of those games without the King, unfortunately Rodney got the blame, and has lived with it for the rest of his life, I think people need to drop this and show our support of another great player, my best mates Idol, god bless him.

Rodney, on his day, was unplayable, he scored some fantastic goals, but he was not really a team player. Can't think who he reminds me of.

OTOH I do recall one match when he absolutely took the piss out of the Rags for 90 minutes. It was when they had a very poor side and were on their way towards inevitable relegation. So some great memories of the guy, even though signing him probably did cost us a title.

Rodney, on his day, was unplayable, he scored some fantastic goals, but he was not really a team player. Can't think who he reminds me of.

OTOH I do recall one match when he absolutely took the piss out of the Rags for 90 minutes. It was when they had a very poor side and were on their way towards inevitable relegation. So some great memories of the guy, even though signing him probably did cost us a title.
I always thought Le Tissier’s playing style was a bit reminiscent of Marsh

Lee ,Bell & Summerbee have said in the past signing rodney cost us the league & i'm sure even rodney has said it to.
But got to say glad he played for us , i enjoyed watching that team has a kid it was full of talent ,personality & passion, commitment in every position .
To see rodney & summerbee taking the piss out of opposing players was hilarious to watch , rodney with his ball juggling & buzzer sitting on a ball near the corner flag during the game & holding a plastic cup in his mouth & having banter with the city crowd .
Happy days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.