Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheres the shouting?
I have already explained to Kaz when she said this same thing last week that these are HEADLINES so people looking for specific cases or places can spot them in a thread that is faster than ever and easy to miss from a quick scan.

You see how many are missing posts and asking the same question.

Capitals are used to distinguish categories within my posts as all lower case with tons of data in large posts not being separated out would be very hard to read.

Indeed I think Kaz keeps saying she cannot read them.

Tbh I am getting pretty stressed out in this thread these days.

Maybe it really does need to be a separate data thread where headlines are allowed. And leave this thread to chatter not data.

As I said I am OK with that if a mod wants to create one. But will not do it myself. Just PM me and let me know if you think it is for the best.

Last edited:
I'm not against this, but the timing when we have more infection than anywhere else on the planet is bonkers. It'll make zero difference to anything. Not to mention than monitoring and enforcing isolation is much more important, and we don't even make a cursory effort at that.

Hopefully in a few weeks we'll get our numbers down and get some benefit from it.

Suppose, despite it currently being just as big a shambles as it can possibly be, this might prevent that from somehow managing to deteriorate further.

Great news. At least 10 months too late.

The roads are rammed, even during the day outside of rush hour.
The roads where I am aren't busy at all, and pretty much dead after 7pm, so it must be on a local basis, and I can see our town's usually busy ring road from our bedroom. There is nobody here using public transport, I live next to a station with trains to central London, at the most there are handfulls of people, at the busiest times such as now, and virtually nobody at quieter times, and almost all our buses are empty.

and this wasn't done 10 months ago when it would have helped because?

At least if the boffins can get hold of the variants in international locations and then target the vaccines on them whilst they don't bother us here, then we can hopefully be inoculated before we open up again.

I have already explained to Kaz when she said this same thing last week that these are HEADLINES so people looking for specific cases or places can spot them in a thread that is faster than ever and easy to miss from a quick scan.

You see how many are missing posts and asking the same question.

Capitals are used to distinguish categories within my posts as all lower case with tons of data not being separated out would be hard to read.

Yeah I get you, headers in Caps like that is about as standard as you get.

I'm not against this, but the timing when we have more infection than anywhere else on the planet is bonkers. It'll make zero difference to anything. Not to mention than monitoring and enforcing isolation is much more important, and we don't even make a cursory effort at that.

Hopefully in a few weeks we'll get our numbers down and get some benefit from it.
I agree. I wonder if it's a prelim to more domestic controls.

Thank you I am probably being a bit tetchy today and I apologise. The lateness of the data yesterday and then todays as well made a double dose of numbers and my head is swimming with them all!

Oh and before anyone suggests in my case at my age it is assuredly not that time of month!
No problemo. I just thought you might feel a bit better if you knew you were appreciated.

Thank you I am probably being a bit tetchy today and I apologise. The lateness of the data yesterday and then todays as well made a double dose of numbers and my head is swimming with them all!

Oh and before anyone suggests in my case at my age it is assuredly not that time of month!
Thanks for providing these figures. The Government messaging is still shite and your data is much better. The percentage of positive tests is by far the best indicator and it gives a lot of reason for optimism. The media will make a big negative political story out of air travel today but the bigger picture is much more important. The daily figures for testing (600,000 plus) and vaccinations (300,000) show we are winning this battle for the first time in my view.

You clearly didn't see the horrific videos from Brazil on the news today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.