Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

I am often saddened by the super critical and nasty comments aimed at certain players in our club together with loads of moans and complaints.

So.

I would like to point out a couple of really positive things from tonight's contest, just in case the Twisted Knickered Brigade overlooked them...

1) We won.

2) We're through to the next round.

What more do we want in a knockout competition?

JJ

its a forum board matey good or bad every got a view or quote that's why we love this place

I thought we kept our powder dry in H1 but pep felt he needed to make the changes to make sure we upped the tempo and played a bit more clinically.

great management by pep and the subs combined with Foden to make the difference.....

I think in future when we look back at this season, this is the game where we will say Stockport Phil became ‘England Phil’. He’s arrived for all the world to see and I for one am fucking ecstatic and cant wait to see what he can do for us and for England.

upwards blues !

I am often saddened by the super critical and nasty comments aimed at certain players in our club together with loads of moans and complaints.

So.

I would like to point out a couple of really positive things from tonight's contest, just in case the Twisted Knickered Brigade overlooked them...

1) We won.

2) We're through to the next round.

What more do we want in a knockout competition?

JJ
Yes but we didn’t win in the manner of some of our wonderful fans liking

Some fucking ridiculous comments on here.

We played a team for whom was not just a game, not even their cup final, it was the game of their lives. Leaving NOTHING on the pitch.

And we fielded a team with 10 changes. 10. Players who have barely had s kick in weeks.

In this context this is a solid result. La Porte wasn't great but what do you expect after a long lay off? Mendy actually looked half decent at times, which makes a change.

Mahrez was actually OK, other than his usual being knocked off the ball like a 12 year old girl. But that's just Mahrez. He absolutely needs to man up.
Mahrez is a fucking joke mate there aint a man in him to man up to, a fucking lightweight fanny of a player who should never wear the city shirt again, he should have been a bully tonight against that level of opponents given his abilty but yet again the shithouse does nothing, seriously fucks me off & pep needs to open his eyes to the fact... anyway mate rant over!!! ;)

I remember his debut against Port Vale. Must have been 6k plus Blues there, down the side of the pitch, and if memory serves me right we were losing 1-0 until his introduction. The lad marking him, I think, was called Anthony Gardner (6 foot plus, ex Spurs) and he gave him a torrid time, changing the match.

Anyone else able to confirm this?
It was his league debut. Think everyone was laughing about how this midget was ripping this big guy to shreds. Ended up winning 2-1 and think it kicked off before during and after

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.