Making the most of Sunday! What you doing?

Could you imagine hating rain and living on this island? I’d have to emigrate if I didn’t love the rain. It’s a huge part of our culture!

I like walking, running, and especially like cycling in the rain. It’s like a tiny people doing a million inspirational drum rolls on your skin to motivate you whilst peddling away.

There’d be no life on Earth without rain!

I also like the cold. Loved that icy foggy freezing morning we had today. I had to be in work for 07:30 but got up and 05:30 and went for a walk to wake up. Then after a shower, I got all my Winter clobber on (best bit about the cold weather, long johns/thick socks/vest/hat/scarf/gloves... love it!)
Speak for yourself on the cold. Got up about 6am, house frozen, no lights. Power cut. Below zero outside, and in probably. Power just come back. Love Sunday. Back to bed.

Tried to do some homeschooling with my kid because we ran out of time on Friday.
Fuck me trying to teach division is impossible!

I work on finance but... I just know how to do it... I can't work out how to explain it.

Ended in tears (again) and me fucking it off to play xbox with him!
It's just backwards multiplication (as you know). He needs to be able to recall his multiplication tables at will to be able to do it quickly, so maybe a little more work on multiplication is required, maybe(?). Failing that whenever you do any division simple jot down the times table of the divisor at the side of the page as an aide-memoire. Hope there aren't as many tears "next time" (if there is a next time :) )

Last edited:
Finish watching the cricket, already played with myself at “tea”
Get Dressed
Finish a mix of house tunes (hopefully)
Couple of beers , maybe a couple of scotches
Netflix
Bed

Quiet day today, bacon on toast, watch the girls biathlon relay.... probably not bother with the Ryanair derby II, do some tea and later have a WhatsApp Gentleman's Evening drinks call with my mates and a few scoops (1 Chelsea & 1 rag) City had me a little uncomfortable last night but could be fun later.

It's just backwards multiplication (as you know). He needs to be able to recall his multiplication tables at will to be able to do it quickly, so maybe a little more work on multiplication is required, maybe(?). Failing that whenever you do any division simple jot down the times table of the divisor at the side of the page as an aide-memoire. Hope there aren't as many tears "next time" (if there is a next time :) )
So true, the multiplication divisions taught at infant school in my day set you up for life. They were chanted by all the kids in unison up to the 12 x tables, unsure why they stopped at that. Little tricks also, like for 11 x, do 10 x and add a tenth or nine x and knock off a tenth. Great basic maths understanding, guess it's not been that way for a long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.