United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate coming on blue moon to discuss football because 99% of the posters are biased towards city and have an anti United/Liverpool stance before they've even thought about what they're going yo post.

For the 1%, are these our main rivals for the league? They don't seem to be messing up at the moment. Went to turf more and got a scrappy win, went to anfield and got a point (something we could only dream of in the past few years and a results snatch your hand off for in a couple of weeks). They've now just beat a very strong Liverpool side in the cup coming from a goal down.

I don't think it's any coincidence that their good run of form has come when the midweek champions league games have finished. Hopefully having to play Thursday night's in the near future will set them back. If I was solskjaer I'd fuck that competition off and concentrate solely on the league. I think the season finishes Manchester 1/2. Hopefully in the right order.
If Liverpool these last two seasons have shown anything it's that you can play like shit, win, and the luck just won't run out. So it's not unreasonable to think about United being threats. Especially when they keep winning against all the non top 6 sides. We have a tough run of fixtures in February and it's not unfeasible that United keep shithousing their way to wins and actually be top of the table come late February/early March before they play us.

Saying that, their luck may run out. It's also worth noting that Leicester, Tottenham, and possibly Everton could challenge based on teams's recent form. Of course Liverpool could suddenly rediscover their spark, although I doubt it.

This has been a strange season too. So don't rule out something crazy yet.

So...I've never really watched a full 90 minutes of untied on the box but today I thought I'd give it a go.....Pogba,
£90 million or so....I've heard the hype and the vitriol but never really been able to comment, Jermaine Jenas gave him MOTM today. I'm no pro footballer or paid pundit but fuck me, this guy is no better and possible worse than his opposite number at Cheltenham. Nothing more than an over hyped media pawn, bone idle, caught in possesion far too many times and too much sloppy passing. He runs, sorry ambles / lollopes around the pitch, shyes off most tackles and gives the appearance that the game owes him a living. He does what he's supposed to do but he's nothing really and he's supposed to be improving, according to some.

If Liverpool these last two seasons have shown anything it's that you can play like shit, win, and the luck just won't run out. So it's not unreasonable to think about United being threats. Especially when they keep winning against all the non top 6 sides. We have a tough run of fixtures in February and it's not unfeasible that United keep shithousing their way to wins and actually be top of the table come late February/early March before they play us.

Saying that, their luck may run out. It's also worth noting that Leicester, Tottenham, and possibly Everton could challenge based on teams's recent form. Of course Liverpool could suddenly rediscover their spark, although I doubt it.

This has been a strange season too. So don't rule out something crazy yet.
I thought just like you last month. This month I no longer think it's luck. Remember they were also 3rd last year after a very good run towards the end of the season. It's staggering how much one player can up the dynamic of a whole team, the reality is they had a transformational recruit, just like us. Without him they would most probably be outside the top 4. With him I always feel there is a sense of inevitability about their goals coming late in games. What will derail their title hope is their defensive woes. I hope it will cost them games later in the season when the attack becomes weary. The fact they beat Liverpool today is good news for us imo, because they will have to play a lot more games.

I thought just like you last month. This month I no longer think it's luck. Remember they were also 3rd last year after a very good run towards the end of the season. It's staggering how much one player can up the dynamic of a whole team, the reality is they had a transformational recruit, just like us. Without him they would most probably be outside the top 4. With him I always feel there is a sense of inevitability about their goals coming late in games. What will derail their title hope is their defensive woes. I hope it will cost them games later in the season when the attack becomes weary. The fact they beat Liverpool today is good news for us imo, because they will have to play a lot more games.
Yeah, maybe luck was the wrong word.

But the bit I've bolded, think about that in the same way I used luck in my previous post. We think it'll eventually finish them off but as Liverpool (and Leicester in 2016) have showed sometimes that unsustainable element just keeps going unpunished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.