Words we don’t use anymore

Indeed, I hate it mate!

It’s rare these days, but I love it when I hear a girl with a proper Manc accent who pronounces her words properly. Think it’s proper sexy on a girl that.

The Mancunian accent isn’t about making “th”s “ff”s, and omitting “g”s and “t”s, that’s just “flippin ffick as fuck”... the Mancunian accent is about over pronouncing vowels, with which you can say every word in the English language properly, but still sound like a strong Manc.
A few years ago there was another bit of a craze for young people to say ' excellenttt' with over emphasised 't' sound, perhaps the t's missing from 'twenny'.
They are all cunts in a perfectly pronounced Mancunian accent.

Now that's really quite learned. Romance was originally the generic term for fictional tales in the Renaissance and Middle Ages, versified. In French the word “roman” still means a novel.
(Some of Shakespeare's later plays, i.e. The Tempest, Winter's Tale, are grouped together as romances).
I've never thought of it that way but l dont think my Gran was quite so academic in West Gorton.
I don’t think she would have used the modern expression 'bull shitter' either.;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.