Liverpool (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided to protect my blood pressure and have the game on , sound down and only look at it when it goes mad in the match thread , get three up and i will watchi t ,if we win i can watch the whole game back later
I will be watching in a similar fashion

*Seen many starting eleven predictions that have Rodri and Dinho in but I think this is one game that we need as much creativity and firepower as we can muster to avoid a dour 0-0 outcome. We only need to be a bit cautious than usual and reduce our high line a little bit
*Rodri is in good form but I’d prefer Dinho for this one and hope he delivers a performance reminiscent of the 2-0 win against United in the league cup recently
*I predicted that Laporte would play left back in our last game because I knew Pep would want to prepare him for the task against Liverpool
*Between playing a false nine or a regular nine, I would like the idea of experimenting the former against this lot and hope that we have a similar performance to the league cup match I referenced earlier but since Jesus has been in a fair scoring form lately, I’d like to trust him once again
*Between Mahrez and Sterling, I’d be tempted to go for Mahrez because of Raheem’s persistent troubles at Anfield and because Mahrez was clearly better in our last game but I think we need to also consider the opportunity of putting him against the worst Pool defence in a long time, scare the shit out of them and hope for the best. It may just be one brilliant move that makes all the different even though his offensive performance is largely poor.

Ederson
Cancelo Stones Dias Laporte
Fernandinho
Bernardo Gundogan
Sterling Jesus Foden​
I don’t think Laporte could deal with salah cutting in on his left foot. Cancelo for me with walker on the right.

Think we could see 3-5-2
..........................eddy............................

Walker................diaz.............laporte......
...........................rodri................................
...cancello........silva.................zinchenko
......................foden...........jesus..............

X2 strikers to test there makeshift centre backs

Last edited:
I have decided to protect my blood pressure and have the game on , sound down and only look at it when it goes mad in the match thread , get three up and i will watchi t ,if we win i can watch the whole game back later
You'd be best advised to skip the match thread instead to save your blood pressure I'd have thought.

Is there an argument for three at the back, with wing backs? Yes, their fabled front three have been (by their standards) poor lately. But, on their day, they're more than capable of bagging a goal or two. Yes, it would leave us a man light in midfield or upfront. But, if we had Rodri, Gundogan and Bernardo in the middle of the pitch, and Gabby and, for me, Phil up top, we would still be well able of causing them problems.

They have most 9f their main players fit barring their centre halves....the rest of their normal starting 11 will play with the exception of one of the new lads at centre half partnered by either fabihno or Henderson

This is not as an under strength team as is being made out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.