Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be wonderful if they finished out of the top 4. The owners aren't going to be pumping money in, the squad is ageing and a few of the better ones are going to want away. I think they could struggle for a while.

Covid has really fucked them in the sense that Firmino, Mané and Salah are all 29 this summer, which is the last year they could sell them for serious money and fund a rebuild.

When they finish outside the top 4 this season, it means Firmino, Mane, Salah, Henderson, Van Dijk, Matip, Thiago, Shaqiri, Alisson and Fabinho will all be in their 30's when they get back to the CL.

Wijnaldum is leaving on a free, Milner will too.

Where is the money going to come from to rebuild that squad?

Thiago has fucked up their system completely. Plus hes awful defensively.

This is an incredibly poor take. What's fucked up their system is moving Henderson and Fabinho from midfield to defence.

They aren't good CB's, and losing them from midfield has exposed the fullbacks, who used to get help from the two of them, and killed their counterpress.

Last edited:
I'm puzzled by this term 'mentality monsters'. Where did that come from?....I suddenly started seeing it appear and you think: "Why? What mentality?". Real mentality is a team that wins the last 14 games of a league season, often playing after their closest rivals when the pressure is really on. Mentality monsters my arse.....mentality midgets more like.
Didn’t we play every game after them in that run? (Apart from Brighton of course)

The silence was deafening when Leicester went ahead. You could hear the pain in Mcpointys voice.
Priceless.

Reactions: dom
This is an incredibly poor take. What's fucked up their system is moving Henderson and Fabinho from midfield to defence.

I think both of you are right, moving those two midfielders to defense has been atrocious but Thiago in the middle has been just as bad. He's playing slow and taking too many touches. Those dipper forwards are used to running onto long balls over the top and Thiago cant or wont play that way. He also looks bereft of confidence which cant be helping.

Long may it continue

Reactions: dom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.