#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
so not to rag on the party today, but he seems a pointless purchase atm. Definitely not justifying the 40m spent on him (which, in case you forgot - is a lot of money).
He has a five(ish) year contract so there’s time yet.

I think his purchase was massively driven by watching our shit show there last season with Otamendi, Garcia and Stones running rampant without Laporte.

Based on the season thus far though we’d have been better promoting Tosin and buying a starting left back with those funds.

He was bought to give us left footed cover for Laporte and Lb. he’s more than provided both. Nobody saw Stones turning it around like this and so like Laporte he will have to bide his time. He’s gotten games and will continue to do so. I fail to see the problem

He was bought to give us left footed cover for Laporte and Lb. he’s more than provided both. Nobody saw Stones turning it around like this and so like Laporte he will have to bide his time. He’s gotten games and will continue to do so. I fail to see the problem

I certainly did, and there were definitely many others.

Stones has the talent. He's proven to us over long stretches that he had it. It was only a matter of time and persistence that it came to the fore again.

I was wondering if we could try him out at CDM, considering Pep signed him to play cover for LB, LCB and CDM. Rodri has been starting an insane amount of games and Ferna is not always going to be fully fit, so we could try him there in FA Cup games and maybe even the league after we are guaranteed the trophy.

I was wondering if we could try him out at CDM, considering Pep signed him to play cover for LB, LCB and CDM. Rodri has been starting an insane amount of games and Ferna is not always going to be fully fit, so we could try him there in FA Cup games and maybe even the league after we are guaranteed the trophy.
It'd be nice to get him fit. I'm prepared to write this season off as far as he's concerned. Get him back 100% ready for next august.

so not to rag on the party today, but he seems a pointless purchase atm. Definitely not justifying the 40m spent on him (which, in case you forgot - is a lot of money).
Not a lot that he can do when you aren't playing (in case you forgot, it's because he's injured). Stop rushing to judge people before they've had a chance. Look at Cancelo, look at Rodri, look at Bernardo, Zabaleta, Goater, Sané etc.

patronising git

I think it's time we accepted that most players can play one position and only really one position. You can put them elsewhere but the drop-off will always be noticeable. When we signed Danilo he was talked about as cover for LB, CDM and CB, but he rarely played in those positions and didn't look great when he did. Fernandinho did pretty well at CB last season but still not better than most natural CBs we could've signed.

Any idea about the severity of his injury. It has been months now and I don't think it was ACL or anything. Is something else going on behind the scenes or he is just biding time because of the injury and wants to get a 100% fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.