Arsenal (A) Post Match thread

It seems that playing KDB, Gundogan and Bernardo Silva all at the same time isn't ideal.
I don’t think we can make this call just yet when we played in first gear even after Kev went off. I would say that Rodri, Bernardo and Gundogan is undisputedly our best midfield 3 so for me Kev would be competing for the 9 role with Jesus.

FiveThirtyEight have us at 41%

I think 538's 41 is different to the 45 the poster assumes, if i dare guess so (correct me if im wrong by all means).

i.e 45 out of a 100 of us winning it rather than not winning it. as opposed to 41 out of 100 the rest being made up of other possibilities.

Bizarre probabilities that we're stronger favourites to go through to the next round than PSG who have a thee goal advantage from the first leg.

There is no such probability. We are all currently in the round of 16. the numbers are simply to the end point, not next round. As i read that.

It's definitely a question to be looked at.
KDB is a brilliant talent, one of the worlds best but it does seem at times as if Gundo & Bernie's main attributes are blunted when he's in the side.
Sometimes we can seem a bit one dimensional with Kev when he's not at his best & more fluid without him. That doesn't mean i'm saying we should drop him but he's not our only weapon anymore & that is something Pep will love, as we're not so reliant on KDB
Agree totally, also thought Cancello’s “new” role was stifled until Kev Was subbed. The bottom line is 100% KDB then we are a better team, but I’d nurse him back in via the bench, also some smart coaches will work out the Cancellous role sooner or later.

The first 20mins or so we were brilliant, as good as we've played. But credit to Arteta, he made an adjustment on the fly and went man-to-man and specifically closed the half-spaces making it tough for us. It's time's like that you need to really use pace in behind to counter, but apart from Sterling we don't particularly have much of that. Tierney really looks a talent for them, if he could stay fit i'm sure we'd take a look at him. But he's very injury prone.

Agree totally, also thought Cancello’s “new” role was stifled until Kev Was subbed. The bottom line is 100% KDB then we are a better team, but I’d nurse him back in via the bench, also some smart coaches will work out the Cancellous role sooner or later.
KDB can definitely play in this new system, he just needs more game time to adjust to whilst building up his match fitness and sharpness. The point people are missing is the impact of continual adjustments to tactics both game to game and during games. Opposition and their managers are completely confused, Pep is a genius.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.