Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would not be surprised if the German rags try to get him to stay at Dortmund until the end of next season so they can buy him for the release clause fee. Lewnadowski will be 33 in August so they will need to have a plan to replace him and Haaland would seem the obvious choice.

Hope it does not happen but the pathway from Dortmund to Bayern is well trodden.
While Bayern have definitely signed from players from Dortmund before, to me it seems like Haaland is ready to move on to another league, and probably doesn't want to develop bad relations with Dortmund fans.

Not saying it won't happen, but of all the options likely available to him (I imagine most top clubs want him), going to Bayern would be a weird move. He seems like somebody who wants to experience new leagues.

We need to sign him in the summer and even then I expect ridiculously tough opposition. You cant rule out any club as his fee will be considerably lower then his actual worth due to his release clause the following summer.
Psg can play neymar and mbappe wide, barca will have freed up the Messi wages, real will be looking to make a statement as will utd, bayern will be in the mix as will Liverpool, Chelsea and maybe both Milan clubs I even think arsenal will throw their hat in the ring and try to sell him the project.
70-80 odd million for a player with potentially huge resell value. utd got 74 million for lukaku, haaland would need to forget his boots for a few seasons for his value to go down as an investment its a no brainer and most top teams will find a way to get the money to get deal done.

We need to sign him in the summer and even then I expect ridiculously tough opposition. You cant rule out any club as his fee will be considerably lower then his actual worth due to his release clause the following summer.
Psg can play neymar and mbappe wide, barca will have freed up the Messi wages, real will be looking to make a statement as will utd, bayern will be in the mix as will Liverpool, Chelsea and maybe both Milan clubs I even think arsenal will throw their hat in the ring and try to sell him the project.
70-80 odd million for a player with potentially huge resell value. utd got 74 million for lukaku, haaland would need to forget his boots for a few seasons for his value to go down as an investment its a no brainer and most top teams will find a way to get the money to get deal done.
Not sure I follow your logic there?

Not sure I follow your logic there?
Basically as he will likely be worth more in a year then what they pay for him now clubs will buy as an investment knowing they can sell for a tidy profit in a season or two.
His release will be 68mil summer 2022 (rumoured) and can see dortmund rather selling this summer for 80mil went he is easily worth 100+mil in the current market then losing him for 68mil a year later.

Of course your point has validity, but those clubs mentioned are skint and may well be for years to come, Dortmund stand to lose £20=30 million and PSG £120 million if they do not sell this year, there are other option, Chelsea it is doubtfull the FFP will allow them to spend big twice on the trot, Bayern it is a 1 horse league where they have players in those positions, PSG could sign Haaland as they need a Cavanni replacement but Kane suits them better.
So we are desperate to replace Aguero who is 32 agreed .Bayern have Lewandowski who is 33 in August .Haaland plays in Germany he may like it there .Im sure I read somewhere about a Madrid re financing deal .Yes we are in a good position re Haaland and I think we should go all out this Summer .But god knows where he wants to play and who with . I assume if we have made contact as someone suggested he has indicated his willingness to come .But it irks me when people say get x y or z the player certainly in the case of those two holds the power. Dortmund may well want rid this year but conversely he has a contract and can stay in a similar way to how Garcia did with us and Messi
However I’m sure we both agree a top striker is the missing piece for us

Just put a bid in for him in the summer, make an offer they cant turn down, we need this lad, if we miss out because we put in derisory offer we will end up kicking our self

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.