Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt Ake would be here had he extended.

I think Ake's signing was down to Stones' uncertainty at the club more than anything.

Stones wasn't allegedly in the clubs plans at the end of last season and there were rumours the club were trying to shift him in the summer.

I think Ake would have signed regardless of Garcia's situation, it's John's resurgence in form that has caused an unexpected twist in the pecking order.

I think Ake's signing was down to Stones' uncertainty at the club more than anything.

Stones wasn't allegedly in the clubs plans at the end of last season and there were rumours the club were trying to shift him in the summer.

I think Ake would have signed regardless of Garcia's situation, it's John's resurgence in form that has caused an unexpected twist in the pecking order.
Doubt any of those rumours were true, Guardiola is nuts about him.

All the more reason for City to have let him go when he wanted to.
Cannot understand why City have let transfer money slip through their hands for what appears to be a matter of principle.
Because it marked the G14’s card about ever trying a similar stunt in the future. So it will benefit us in the long run much more than the paltry sum they offered.
I imagine Barca have many more regrets than we do about being cheapskates in the summer, after a disastrous domestic season and last night’s defensive fiasco

Because it marked the G14’s card about ever trying a similar stunt in the future. So it will benefit us in the long run much more than the paltry sum they offered.
I imagine Barca have many more regrets than we do about being cheapskates in the summer, after a disastrous domestic season and last night’s defensive fiasco
After nearly 13 years you'd have thought that no fans would be left who didn't trust that the owners know what they're doing.

After nearly 13 years you'd have thought that no fans would be left who didn't trust that the owners know what they're doing.
They are human tbf and like everyone they have made mistakes, particularly when it comes to selling and getting good prices compared with some of the deals Chelsea and Liverpool get for unwanted fringe players, but this isn’t one of them imo

They are human tbf and like everyone they have made mistakes, particularly when it comes to selling and getting good prices compared with some of the deals Chelsea and Liverpool get for unwanted fringe players, but this isn’t one of them imo
Yes people make mistakes but according to some we are terrible at selling anyone when we don't know the first thing about football finances. Just because Chelsea or Liverpool sell someone at a certain (reported) price doesn't mean we get to sell someone at the same price. This repeated nonsense that we as fans know the worth of a player is laughable and very childish.

Garcia money from Barca would have been small change for us

I think not bending to them, was the much deserved slap in the face that they deserved.

I have no issue with our clubs transfer dealings, yes Chelsea may report a high sales price for someone, but add up all of our outgoings, we may a tidy profit on just about all of them, which helps massively with our purchases. I do not recall a player we who we let go at an alarmingly low amount, I think a lot of our business is conducted under the radar, but the 3 - 10 mill sales for players who have not played much first team football, is great business in my eyes.

RT @tariqpanja: This is the €250m asset sale arranged by Goldman Sachs to pay down debt, but Toni seems to have other ideas about how to spend the money

Freixa: We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars https://t.co/tqYfo9nA1P via @MarcainEnglish

Freixa : We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars​

22/02/2021 17:06 CET

FC Barcelona - La Liga Admitted Mbappe or Haaland could be possible​

Freixa: We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars
EFE
Barcelona presidential candidate Toni Freixa has revealed that his campaign has reached an agreement with an investor to contribute 250 million euros, which can be used to bring in new players.

In fact, Freixa went a step further and even admitted which areas of the squad they are looking at strengthening.

"We have been working for some time now and we can say that we have reached an agreement of intent with an investor who will contribute 250 million [euros] for Barcelona Coporate, which consists of four business lines, in exchange for 49 per cent," Freixa told RAC1.

"Although it will first have to go through the Assembly. We will have the funds for the economic situation to improve so that we can make sporting decisions. And in 2021/22 we will incorporate three superstars: two in attack and one in defence."

When asked about whether Ronald Koeman would be in favour of these additions, the 52-year-old was clear.

"It's impossible for Koeman not to like them. They are unique players," he said.

"Koeman will be coach until the end of his contract [June 30, 2022], without any doubt. Giving stability to the coach and the team always pays off."

Freixa was asked if Erling Haaland or Kylian Mbappe could be presented at the Camp Nou, which he said is possible.

"We have a maxim: we will never talk about players until we present them," the presidential candidate stated.

"It's a bad strategy because you allow other clubs to step on your negotiation. But it is absolutely possible. That's what Barcelona must do: bring in difference-making players."

Despite the talk of signings, Barcelona's debt cannot be ignored and that could see the club lose Lionel Messi when his contract expires in the summer.

"Messi has given us more than Barcelona has given him," Freixa noted.

"I have spoken to his entourage, but not personally with him. The opportunity for him to continue is open. His contract has to be brought into line with the club.

"We have lowered the revenue by 350 million euros and the player is aware of that. I have never had the contract in my hand."

RT @tariqpanja: This is the €250m asset sale arranged by Goldman Sachs to pay down debt, but Toni seems to have other ideas about how to spend the money

Freixa: We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars https://t.co/tqYfo9nA1P via @MarcainEnglish

Freixa : We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars​

22/02/2021 17:06 CET

FC Barcelona - La Liga Admitted Mbappe or Haaland could be possible​

Freixa: We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars
EFE
Barcelona presidential candidate Toni Freixa has revealed that his campaign has reached an agreement with an investor to contribute 250 million euros, which can be used to bring in new players.

In fact, Freixa went a step further and even admitted which areas of the squad they are looking at strengthening.

"We have been working for some time now and we can say that we have reached an agreement of intent with an investor who will contribute 250 million [euros] for Barcelona Coporate, which consists of four business lines, in exchange for 49 per cent," Freixa told RAC1.

"Although it will first have to go through the Assembly. We will have the funds for the economic situation to improve so that we can make sporting decisions. And in 2021/22 we will incorporate three superstars: two in attack and one in defence."

When asked about whether Ronald Koeman would be in favour of these additions, the 52-year-old was clear.

"It's impossible for Koeman not to like them. They are unique players," he said.

"Koeman will be coach until the end of his contract [June 30, 2022], without any doubt. Giving stability to the coach and the team always pays off."

Freixa was asked if Erling Haaland or Kylian Mbappe could be presented at the Camp Nou, which he said is possible.

"We have a maxim: we will never talk about players until we present them," the presidential candidate stated.

"It's a bad strategy because you allow other clubs to step on your negotiation. But it is absolutely possible. That's what Barcelona must do: bring in difference-making players."

Despite the talk of signings, Barcelona's debt cannot be ignored and that could see the club lose Lionel Messi when his contract expires in the summer.

"Messi has given us more than Barcelona has given him," Freixa noted.

"I have spoken to his entourage, but not personally with him. The opportunity for him to continue is open. His contract has to be brought into line with the club.

"We have lowered the revenue by 350 million euros and the player is aware of that. I have never had the contract in my hand."
Well, that's all very believable. Especially:-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.