Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with what you have said, but its like most things that are an issue....they don't become and issue until things start to go slightly wrong.
When FSG came in we were just happy to be away from Hicks/Gillette, all the doom laden newspapers suggesting that we could go out of business. So the new owners came in and there was reief and hope that they could get us back to those former glories. The (mistaken) belief that they would be different from other US owners (Kroenke/Galzers etc and would pump money into us with abandon.
We have to be happy for what we got and the big buys, but they are a drop in the coean really in comparison to the invrestments in their other US based sports franchises.
The improvement and the hope ("It's the hope that gets you") meant everything was rosey...and being realistic apart from the last 2 months things arent too bad, we are still going and there are always others worse off etc. the CL & PL wins made everything wonderful and it is only now that we start to see the cracks. the analysis does show that we do not have strength/quality in depth.
It does show that the policy of having 2 quality players in every position makes sense and with the revenues coming out of the PL now, there is nothing really stopping clubs from doing what City have done.
West Ham have spent £147m in the last four windows compared to Liverpool's £90m. During this period the broadcast revenues have hugely increased, especially for LFC with runs to two Champions League finals. And yet FSG are still getting a free pass from the media. They have made the classic mistake of not investing when you are at the top. FSG don't need to pump money in recklessly but they could easily afford £150m a season on transfers, perhaps three quality players each season. Klopp's constant jibes about City's spending are just deflection in my view.

So Klopp promised them a parade after all this, but how the fuck can you parade something you won a year ago? And if the trophy is indeed won by another team this season, wtf are they going to parade exactly?
images

So Klopp promised them a parade after all this, but how the fuck can you parade something you won a year ago? And if the trophy is indeed won by another team this season, wtf are they going to parade exactly?
Its the newly established " premier league champions parade from last year parade" its unique only to them and has to be authorised by Jurgen himself.
It's bizarre even by their standards

They are different from most people in their own city I would say. Pride themselves on being Scouse not English but are more than happy to break covid regulations whilst in a tier 3 lockdown and attack the emergency services as they try to respond to their attacks on innocent people. They try to brush these things under the carpet and deflect the blame as always. The police give them a free rein as they are too scared to call them out. So the behaviour goes unchecked and if you historically look at their behaviour anywhere they congregate in numbers there is usually trouble.
They fucking blamed us for all the chaos after they won the title! Why would ANY Everton fan want to go to a mass gathering of Liverpool fans? Just why?

My stepfamily, funnily enough, are Chelsea and they absolutely hate Liverpool. I can't remember exactly why, but I do know my stepdad finds all the incessant tonguebathing in the media nauseating. We've talked about it a few times. He was really happy about the derby!

West Ham have spent £147m in the last four windows compared to Liverpool's £90m. During this period the broadcast revenues have hugely increased, especially for LFC with runs to two Champions League finals. And yet FSG are still getting a free pass from the media. They have made the classic mistake of not investing when you are at the top. FSG don't need to pump money in recklessly but they could easily afford £150m a season on transfers, perhaps three quality players each season. Klopp's constant jibes about City's spending are just deflection in my view.

Do you think FSG pay the media ?

My stepfamily, funnily enough, are Chelsea and they absolutely hate Liverpool. I can't remember exactly why, but I do know my stepdad finds all the incessant tonguebathing in the media nauseating. We've talked about it a few times. He was really happy about the derby!
Probably 50% the dippers trying to blame them for the 39 deaths at Heysel and 50% the pure jealousy-induced venom they showed chelsea in the noughties (mostly transferred to us since the 13/14 season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.