How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We get beat by Leicester and the rags and suddenly we'll be shitting ourselves
We're so comfortably ahead we won't need to beat either of them. If they both beat us we'd still be ahead of them. It might mean we require more focus on the league in the last few weeks to see us over the line, but we'd hardly shit ourselves.

Losing two matches is six points dropped, which if the rags and Leicester won their matches on the weekend we lost would put them both four points behind us

However, to contradict the above, after we play the rags and before we play Leicester, they have to play each other, so one or both are guaranteed to drop points

We're ten points ahead, so if we are beaten by rags and Leicester, we still win the league if we win every other game. Either of Leicester or the rags could pip us by winning every game they have left (including us) but obviously only one of them can do that as they play each other if we either lose two more games (apart from the rags and Leicester), or if we fail to win a further four games (either drawing or losing them).

Either way, it's probably not happening :)

yes, but either one of them could catch us. both of them cannot.
How could one of them catch us? Even if we lose against both of them, we are still 4 points ahead of both.

So on that basis, neither of them can catch us. Of course if we go losing games all over the place then both of them could catch us, but so could Chelsea or Everton etc so that is not really a valid argument.

Fact is if we win and draw as many games as Leicester and the rags, then neither of them can catch us, even if we lose to both of them.

How could one of them catch us? Even if we lose against both of them, we are still 4 points ahead of both.

So on that basis, neither of them can catch us. Of course if we go losing games all over the place then both of them could catch us, but so could Chelsea or Everton etc so that is not really a valid argument.

Fact is if we win and draw as many games as Leicester and the rags, then neither of them can catch us, even if we lose to both of them.

read the post it was a reply to

read the post it was a reply to
I did already. Still don't agree with your comment "Either one could catch us but not both". Makes no sense.

If we lose all over the place then both can catch us.
If we don't drop more points in our other games, then neither can catch us even if we lose to both of them.

So the idea that one of them can catch us, but not both, is nonsensical.

I did already. Still don't agree with your comment "Either one could catch us but not both". Makes no sense.

If we lose all over the place then both can catch us.
If we don't drop more points in our other games, then neither can catch us even if we lose to both of them.

So the idea that one of them can catch us, but not both, is nonsensical.

If you still don't understand it, read the one that it replied to and so on. It's a discussion as to what might happen if we were to be beaten by the rags and Leicester, and what would still have to happen in that eventuality.

If you still don't understand, please dont reply because I cant be arsed with you

From looking at the poll I think some people have ended up voting on how many points we'll get ....the selection is essentially how many points will second get.

Runs away before I get grief for chicken counting.

If you still don't understand it, read the one that it replied to and so on. It's a discussion as to what might happen if we were to be beaten by the rags and Leicester, and what would still have to happen in that eventuality.

If you still don't understand, please dont reply because I cant be arsed with you
Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.