Return of Supporters

Evert time their is community transmission if its not linked to a known cluster the City or State is locked down again.

Short lockdowns until the cluster is isolated.

New Zealand and Australia have many advantages that the UK don't when it comes to pandemics.

The damage to the economy and the social impact on lives and livelihoods is significant but closing your borders to overseas travellers until you have you contact tracing and quarantine up to scratch is the deal breaker despite the many downsides in doing so.

if you want an example of how to do manage the risk with minimum damage to the economy look at Taiwan.

We in Oz have record government debt and deficit and many businesses have collapsed because of the harsh lockdowns.
Every European country + the states are in the same boat or worse economically with no sign of a return to normality for months yet.

Yeah, decisiveness being the main one.
LOL,

No planes carrying passengers for months and compliance to lockdowns and closing borders on a state by state basis as cruel as it was to many who couldn't attend funerals , go to weddings , even go for a walk outside as it was in Melbourne was the reason why States could control numbers and yet despite that in Melbourne we actually bungled hotel quarantine which will eventually be the subject of a Royal Commission which resulted in 3 lockdowns to date totalling just over 6 months.

We have our contact tracing more advanced now so I suspect future lockdowns will be short and hard but hopefully no more will be required.

When you do what they did in New Zealand for example with their sparse population and their 6 week hard lockdown its not that difficult to reduce spread throughout the country.

Its when you allow overseas travellers to enter again that the community spread risk is heightened as has occurred in New Zealand and Australia time and again.

LOL,

No planes carrying passengers for months and compliance to lockdowns and closing borders on a state by state basis as cruel as it was to many who couldn't attend funerals , go to weddings , even go for a walk outside as it was in Melbourne was the reason why States could control numbers and yet despite that in Melbourne we actually bungled hotel quarantine which will eventually be the subject of a Royal Commission which resulted in 3 lockdowns to date totalling just over 6 months.

We have our contact tracing more advanced now so I suspect future lockdowns will be short and hard but hopefully no more will be required.

When you do what they did in New Zealand for example with their sparse population and their 6 week hard lockdown its not that difficult to reduce spread throughout the country.

Its when you allow overseas travellers to enter again that the community spread risk is heightened as has occurred in New Zealand and Australia time and again.
We've not been able to go to funerals here either mate, I missed my grandads over the restrictions, still had to watch dickheads flying into the airport and driving past my house for their holidays all summer with no quarantine. My business has still been closed down 9 of the last 12 months. You lot did things properly and got through it, we half arsed it and we're still suffering.

We've not been able to go to funerals here either mate, I missed my grandads over the restrictions, still had to watch dickheads flying into the airport and driving past my house for their holidays all summer with no quarantine. My business has still been closed down 9 of the last 12 months. You lot did things properly and got through it, we half arsed it and we're still suffering.
Sorry to hear that I lost my business unfortunately I hope you can eventually get things back on track.

Hindsight is often the greatest teacher and yes some early medicine as difficult as it would have been to comprehend and to swallow would possibly have placed you in a better position now.

Our second wave was much worse than our first but only because our State Government had poor contact tracing protocols and poor hotel quarantine protocols.

Believe me having only 6.5 million in an area as large as the UK makes a hell of a difference.

85 per cent of our population live in capital cities.

If want a model country look at Taiwan.

If we win the league and fans are barred from attending the last games by the PL. City should delay the trophy lift until an hour or two after the game to allow 10k blues into the stadium to watch the presentation

If we win the league and fans are barred from attending the last games by the PL. City should delay the trophy lift until an hour or two after the game to allow 10k blues into the stadium to watch the presentation
That would be the mother of all PR fuckups, better to do it at the first home match next season.

Unless the club changes tack majorly, it will be a ballot and will include both seasoncard holders and Cityzens members, in the same ratio that they'd be if the stadium was full. There's arguments you can advance for a number of different views but we think that's the fairest one. We (i.e. City Matters) would also like some weighting for points but that's not been agreed yet.
Can I just ask then; Who is making the decision MCFC or the City Matters Committee?

Can I just ask then; Who is making the decision MCFC or the City Matters Committee?
Well it's City's decision ultimately, as it always is. We've been talking to them and do agree with the broad thrust of the decision (to be inclusivej but we'd like some preference for higher points holders if that's possible. Let's not forget that, at worst, it's potentially only for one game and that is anyway totally dependent on how things pan out in the next couple of months overall. We're still talking.

With a bit of luck, we'll all be back for the first game of next season. And won't that be a wonderful moment!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.