Last Film You Saw

The Sound of Metal.
Touching story of a rock drummer who goes suddenly deaf.
Riz Ahmed is a superb actor. I thought he was a perfect fit for the lead role in this.
Excellent film.
I would rate it 8 from 10.

Alien 3. 5/10. Only watched out of curiosity to see loads of great actors before they went and did great stuff, like the bloke from Mindhunter. Clearly this film has been butchered, with some top billed actors like Paul Mccann just vanishing from the story.
Mindhunter?

Not to be confused with Mindhorn....

(Crazy Manx story where washed-up actor gets roped in to help solve a real crime by resurrecting his TV detective persona. Very funny in places and a nice twisty plot, but brilliantly hammy.)

Fincher himself hates the film. According to him, 20th Century Fox had no idea what the film would be about (other than obv an Aliens sequel) but they had a release date for it. It had loads of different writers, directors and concepts and in the end Fincher just took it all and mixed it up and released this POS as his first film. I watched it a few years ago on Sky Movies on an OLED, and the special effects for the CGI Alien running around was terrible. A wasted opportunity with what could have been a decent film. Alien Resurrection is arguably worse than this though.
There is a directors cut as such , which is better, just.

Fighting with my family. Wwe true story. Didn't expect to like it but I did. Florence Pugh v good in lead role and an unrecognisable Cersei (Lena Headey) as her mother. The Rock pretty funny too.
Netflix.

Mindhunter?

Not to be confused with Mindhorn....

(Crazy Manx story where washed-up actor gets roped in to help solve a real crime by resurrecting his TV detective persona. Very funny in places and a nice twisty plot, but brilliantly hammy.)

No Mindhunter on netflix, about the start of the behavioural science department of the FBI during the 70's. Excellent series, one of the two leads played the bloke with the teardrop tatoo in Alien 3. Both David Fincher projects, so he must have made an impression.

There Will Be Blood

A weird abstract fest concerning much a do about nothing and I should have known when no one even spoke for 23 minutes. Massively overrated, strung out and I prayed for end salvation to come and take us. A god dammed painful script and I died thrice over.

Give it a go because everyone else really seemed to like it, but do consider that bubble of pretense from The Emperers New clothes, because I can tell you categorically that king was naked, or was there an elephant in the room?

Daniel Day Lewis acting was beyond the par excellent with lovely cinematography so I shall give it a 2 out of 5.

There Will Be Blood is bravura film-making by one of American film's modern masters. Paul Thomas Anderson's epic poem of savagery, optimism and obsession is a true meditation on America. The film drills down into the dark heart of capitalism, where domination, not gain, is the ultimate goal.

Hf0XNLk.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.