Borussia Mönchengladbach (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play like we have been doing recently then barring any bad luck we should see these off over 2 legs.

A year ago when we were playing a higher line and regular clownery in defence Gladbach would have been the ideal opponent to fear.

Things have changed, we shouldn't invite them with a (too) high line.
Gladbach have not much to offer vs a tight defence.

We should be patient and not be giving anything on a silver plate.
They don't need much to score and the will be giddy as underdog.

Hope we are not impressed/nervous and play to our usual confidence.

I have a feeling that he will play a "weakened" team in this - Torres, Walker, Mendy, Aguero, Laporte etc and prioritise the West Ham game.

Well West Ham is a tougher game than this so won't be surprised ... and even though Pep says one game at a time, he's too shrewd not to factor the one after ... always does, says otherwise but always does ...

Hoping for the same kind of XI that we've seen in recent matches.

Got a feeling it'll be more like this:

Ederson
Walker Garcia Dias Laporte Cancelo
Rodri Gundogan
Mahrez Foden Sterling

Even if I like clean sheets as well,
with the away goal rule in place we should definitely score goals away and more importantly keep the clean sheet at home in the 2nd leg,
to be on the safe side.
Makes a mockery of the tournament when one (or both) games could be on neutral grounds, yet ‘away’ goals are still a thing. Would be a shit way for anyone to go out.

I have a feeling that he will play a "weakened" team in this - Torres, Walker, Mendy, Aguero, Laporte etc and prioritise the West Ham game.
Hope not. If City win the domestic treble and fail to make at least the final of the CL then Pep and especially the owners will consider this season a disappointment after all the promise of the last two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.