Celtic thread 2020/21

As the ship sinks under the waves, our board finally realise we had a leak. Today should have happened after the Feravaros debacle in August. I have experienced many ball partings as a supporter in bad season terms, but none even come close to this year. The level of incompetence and denial was and is truly eye watering.

It is not a surprise though, I knew this day was coming for years. The failure to capitalise on our dominance in the CL by never once being prepared for it is Lawells legacy. He never grasped that to secure qualification required investment. He never took the threat of our pals across the city seriously. He kept up his strategy of buying cheap and hoping. He was a conman, mire interested in his bonus.

Today is a massive relief though, however too late for this year. It all depends upon how we react. How Dermot Desmond our billionaire owner reacts to King calling him out, and I agreed with King. Will he pick up the gauntlet? For me he should as a matter of personal pride. If he doesn't, then we will be fucked for years to come.

At least now we can hope. But, that is tinged with the knowledge that our board don't have a single ball between them. They need to know that if they don't act, season ticket sales will crash and they will need to attend games in a tank.

All the talk now will focus on a whirlwind of cunts itk telling us they have been told this or that top manager is about to arrive. My own feeling is, not top level manager would come unless they needed a return to a better league. Why would they? We always talk about the chance for them manage in the CL, but you have to qualify first and the last four years we haven't even been close.

We have a massive rebuild to do. That takes time. We don't have time, so resources need to pump prime that process. And therein lies the problem. If we want a good manager who fancies raising his profile by doing ok in the CL he will need assurances he will be backed with cash. Being backed with cash is as rare a thing at us as Blues on here having the Rags as their second favourite team.

So although I'm happy Lennon is getting to fuck after sinking us, we are still in the lifeboats and confidence in a ship coming to our rescue, for me at least, is not high. Certainly not as high as the waves that threaten to engulf us.

I am reminded of the line from Sean Connery as he lay shot to fuck , What are you prepared to do now? Well Desmond, either put on the fucking gloves, or leave the ring like a shitebag. There is no middle option. Choose well you ****.

If I were Celtic I’d be going all-in for Chris Wilder or Eddie Howe.

Wilder overachieved two seasons running with SheffUtd. He took the team favourites to be relegated to League 1 to promotion to the Prem and had them mid table on their first year up. He did a much better job with SheffUtd in that Championship season than Lampard did with Derby, and on ratio did a better job than Lampard did with Chelsea in the Prem.

They’ve really struggled with results this season. But let’s be honest, he’s still pretty much got the relegation to Lg1 favourites as his squad! Everyone thought they would do what they’ve done this season, last season. And when you watch them they’re actually in every game (thought they were one of the best teams we’ve played this season, the other week!) and they’ve not really been hammered in any game. I honestly think he’s still doing a really good job this season.

Eddie Howe overachieved every season he had with Bournemouth. Took them from League 2 to the Prem, and they’d still be there and he’d still be with them if Bournemouth hadn’t had an horrific season with injuries last season (or SheffUtd’s goal had stood against Villa?!).

Last edited by a moderator:
As the ship sinks under the waves, our board finally realise we had a leak. Today should have happened after the Feravaros debacle in August. I have experienced many ball partings as a supporter in bad season terms, but none even come close to this year. The level of incompetence and denial was and is truly eye watering.

It is not a surprise though, I knew this day was coming for years. The failure to capitalise on our dominance in the CL by never once being prepared for it is Lawells legacy. He never grasped that to secure qualification required investment. He never took the threat of our pals across the city seriously. He kept up his strategy of buying cheap and hoping. He was a conman, mire interested in his bonus.

Today is a massive relief though, however too late for this year. It all depends upon how we react. How Dermot Desmond our billionaire owner reacts to King calling him out, and I agreed with King. Will he pick up the gauntlet? For me he should as a matter of personal pride. If he doesn't, then we will be fucked for years to come.

At least now we can hope. But, that is tinged with the knowledge that our board don't have a single ball between them. They need to know that if they don't act, season ticket sales will crash and they will need to attend games in a tank.

All the talk now will focus on a whirlwind of cunts itk telling us they have been told this or that top manager is about to arrive. My own feeling is, not top level manager would come unless they needed a return to a better league. Why would they? We always talk about the chance for them manage in the CL, but you have to qualify first and the last four years we haven't even been close.

We have a massive rebuild to do. That takes time. We don't have time, so resources need to pump prime that process. And therein lies the problem. If we want a good manager who fancies raising his profile by doing ok in the CL he will need assurances he will be backed with cash. Being backed with cash is as rare a thing at us as Blues on here having the Rags as their second favourite team.

So although I'm happy Lennon is getting to fuck after sinking us, we are still in the lifeboats and confidence in a ship coming to our rescue, for me at least, is not high. Certainly not as high as the waves that threaten to engulf us.

I am reminded of the line from Sean Connery as he lay shot to fuck , What are you prepared to do now? Well Desmond, either put on the fucking gloves, or leave the ring like a shitebag. There is no middle option. Choose well you ****.
"Going down, going down, going down
Going down, going down, going dowwww-en..."

I think Celtic would be a good move for Eddie Howe. People will say Scottish football sucks, but look what it did for Brendan Rodgers. It's an easy way to get back in the spotlight, and get experience of European football and winning things.

I think Celtic would be a good move for Eddie Howe. People will say Scottish football sucks, but look what it did for Brendan Rodgers. It's an easy way to get back in the spotlight, and get experience of European football and winning things.
Bodgers still is doing shit in Europe though.

@Magicpole thank you for your post which appeared at the top of this page but,.......
It was way too long for me especially as I have had beer, please can you sumarise the post in less than 20 words?

@Magicpole thank you for your post which appeared at the top of this page but,.......
It was way too long for me especially as I have had beer, please can you sumarise the post in less than 20 words?
We have sacked Lennon. Although a relief, raises new questions of how we will react. All to play for. That's 19

The other is longer as Ric pays me by the word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.