Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they continue with the narrative that anyone could do what Pep is by spending, then Pep is fully entitled to be prickly and sarcastic when he has to engage with them

I can see Pep now with one of his pre match team talks
"You guys are worth every penny this club has spent on you. Now go and rub everyone of the medias fucking noses in it"

it will also send a lot of clubs bust if they try.

He has said it before he is taking the piss.
It's about time we stopped feeling sensitive about the club's spending. Pep is not taking the piss at all, he is simply pointing out that one of the reasons explaining our phenomenal success over the last ten years has been our ability to identify players who will really help create a great team and buy them within budget. This is not to deny that the most important reason is Pep himself, but he's far to modest ever to mention that. I've read the report on our game on the BBC an that is the kind of eulogy that seems to be increasingly common, but the comments are full of the FFP and "cheats" comments that are the sole refuge of the bitter and alienated. No longer should we go on the defensive. We have taken UEFA's "rules" in our stride, conformed and coped with them far, far better than the financially challenged establishment ( has even UEFA managed to get any accounts signed off yet?). The CAS hearing found we hadn't breached any rules and, in fact, those who claimed we had had no evidence at all, never mind any "valid" evidence. So I think we should certainly not be embarrassed but should point out that we have spent "our own money" and got full value for it. None wasted on players who haven't lived up to billing. And if anyone wants to check on that they'll find IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE players in each position who were more expensive than our lads. That's what a decade of financial prudence CAN achieve.

From the Talkshite website:

Asked how City have gone on their sensational 19-match winning run, Pep responded: “We have a lot of money to buy a lot of incredible players.

Seriously? I must admit I’ve not seen any post Match interviews But that does seem very strange to say the least.
Pep, should answer every question in every press conference with this. If only to watch their faces.

So did the Daily Fail
The Mail's Jonathan Spencer ran his story with this banner headline -

"We have a lot of MONEY', says Pep Guardiola as boss refreshingly admits their £2BILLION spending is the main driver behind 19-game winning streak".

The simpleton has totally misunderstand that Pep was being sarcastic and throwing back at the press their accusations of "Buying the CL". What a naive dullard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.